Husband Of Tourist Say Investigation Was Bungled
The husband of the woman who was brutally attacked and beaten at a Dominican Republic resort has reportedly slammed the investigation.
Christopher Daley has claimed that authorities mishandled the investigation and failed to immediately order a rape test after his wife Tammy Lawrence-Daley was severely beaten at the Majestic Elegance all-inclusive resort hotel in Punta Cana.
As Radar previously reported, Lawrence-Daley released ghastly images after the attack and detailed her recollection of the incident via social media.
Following a fun filled night, she sought to get food from the reception area at the resort, but opted to take some photos and get her own snack when no one responded. As she returned to her suite, she was strangled, beaten and left for dead by a man she alleged was wearing the resort’s uniform. She insists she doesn’t remember whether she was sexually assaulted or not.
Since then, her husband Daley said he has noticed some inconsistencies in statements and in the overall investigation.
The Dominican Republic Attorney General Office said Lawrence-Daley declined to file a formal complaint, but she said she was told her assault would not be investigated unless she testified in court. Daley confirmed they filed a complaint at a Higuey courthouse.
“We were supposed to get a police report in February and we didn’t get that,” Daley said.
Spokesman Col. Frank Duran said the appropriate measures were taken once authorities were made aware of the attack. They treated her, took her testimony and collected evidence from the location of the assault.
Daley, however, was bothered that it took two days before a flawed rape test was conducted. As of now, results have yet to be announced.
“There is a lot of conjecture about the case, a lot of information that doesn’t match some of the statements,” Durán said Friday. “We have to wait for the investigation to end.”
Police confirmed they are investigating the attack and the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana reps said they were cooperating with authorities and refused to comment further out of respect for the “dignity and integrity” of Lawrence-Daley. The resort’s insurance company, however, said the resort was not accountable since she was unable to confirm the attacker as an employee.
Lawrence-Daley has until late July to find a Dominican lawyer for her case.
Source: Read Full Article