Lee Mack ‘contracts coronavirus’ after attending Cheltenham Festival
Lee Mack has reportedly contracted coronavirus after visiting Cheltenham Festival earlier this month.
The 51 year old is yet to publicly comment on the reports, which were made by a friend close to the star.
His pal blamed his attendance at the horse racing festival, which came under fire for going ahead amid the outbreak of the deadly bug.
The friend said: "Lee has got coronavirus. It looks like he caught it from his driver when he went to the Cheltenham Festival."
Royal fans worry for the Queen and Prince Philip after Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus
Prince Charles confirms he has tested positive for coronavirus
It is believed that Lee — who ironically is best known for starring in sitcom Not Going Out — is now self-isolating.
Just days before it is believed he caught the bug, Lee made his last television appearance on Good Morning Britain.
He appeared on the breakfast show with hosts Ben Shephard and Kate Garraway to discuss his participation in Soccer Aid, which has now been cancelled.
Reports of Lee's diagnosis come on the same day that it has been confirmed Prince Charles has contracted the illness.
A statement issued earlier in the day reads: "The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus.
"He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual. The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus.
"In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.
"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."
Gavin and Stacey returning to BBC on Saturday nights amid coronavirus lockdown
Idris Elba slams claims that he has been paid to say he's contracted coronavirus as he recovers with wife Sabrina
The fresh cases come as Idris Elba, who also recently tested positive, slammed claims he has been paid to claim he has the illness.
Speaking about testing the illness, he said: "It shouldn't be about whether the rich or poor gets it. Everyone should be able to get a test, for sure. I think the negativity around test-shaming is counterproductive. I don't see what people get out of that.
"And the idea that someone like myself is going to be paid to say I have coronavirus. That's absolute bulls***! Such stupidness.
"And people want to spread that like it's news. It's stupid. It's the quickest way to get people sick. It's no benefit to me and Sabrina saying that we got it and we ain't got it. I don't understand the logic of that."
Source: Read Full Article