Strictly to lose another star as Gethin Jones hints at It Takes Two exit after four years

Janette Manrara's Welsh accent mocked by Gethin Jones

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Gethin Jones, 43, has hinted he may be joining Zoe Ball, 50, and Ian Waite, 50, in making a move away from Strictly: It Takes Two. It comes after it was announced that Janette Manrara, 37, will be replacing Zoe as the host of the BBC spin-off show, which airs every weekday during Strictly season.

Zoe’s co-star Ian also recently decided to leave the show after the BBC Radio 2 host announced her exit.

Gethin joined the It Takes Two presenting team in 2016, and has acted as the show’s roving reporter at Elstree Studios.

The star’s role is to give a behind-the-scenes insight into the couples’ Friday rehearsals, just before the live show airs on Saturday.

However, Gethin recently suggested in an exclusive interview with Express.co.uk that he might not have time to work on It Takes Two this year.

The busy star is also juggling his hosting duties on BBC’s Morning Live, meaning he is unsure whether he would be able to fit the programme into his schedule.

When quizzed on whether he and Janette would be working on It Takes Two together after teaming up on Morning Live previously, he said: “Obviously, Morning Live and stuff like that, there’s lots going on.

“So we’ll see!” The presenter teased.

Gethin also revealed that Janette shared the news with him that she had landed a hosting role on It Takes Two after becoming a fan favourite as a Strictly pro.

 

He revealed: “I think it’s always a bit confidential but Janette had told me before.

“I knew she was going on The One Show to announce it that night and she sent me a little text, which was really sweet, and she is so excited about it, you can see.

“I think people are really engaged with her. 

“It’s going to be something really different for her for sure, but I think she’ll really miss the performance element, of course she will, because that’s what she’s known for so many years.

DON’T MISS:
Piers Morgan brands Madonna ‘cringe’ as she causes a stir at VMAs [PICS]
‘I don’t trust him’ Katya Jones shares concerns about Strictly partner [COMMENT]
Kevin Clifton shares ‘heartbreak’ over girlfriend Stacey Dooley’s post [OPINION]

“But she’s equally excited about the challenge of hosting such an iconic show,” Gethin divulged.

It has not yet been confirmed which presenters will be joining Janette and her co-host Rylan Clark-Neal on Strictly: It Takes Two this year by the BBC.

Janette previously shared her excitement over taking on the hosting role.

She said in a statement: “It’s a dream come true to become part of the It Takes Two team!

“Although it’s impossible to fill in the shoes of a legend like Zoe Ball, I hope to make her and all of the Strictly fans proud. 

“I will miss dancing on that iconic dance floor weekly, but forever grateful to continue being a part of the Strictly Come Dancing family!”

Zoe opened up on the reason behind her decision to leave the show during an appearance on ITV’s This Morning.

She said: “It was such a hard decision, you know that show has been my life and 10 years on it has been such a joy.

“I’ll miss it so much but there comes a time you have to do new things.”

The radio DJ added: “It was a hard decision to make but I think it was the right decision.”

Source: Read Full Article