Vampire Weekend Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 With ‘Father of the Bride’!
Vampire Weekend is back on top!
The band debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with their new album Father of the Bride as of Sunday (May 12), the official chart company confirmed.
The album is the band’s third record to go to No. 1, and moved 138,000 equivalent album units in its first week. Of those, 119,000 were in album sales. This is the largest week for any rock album in 2019!
The band previously hit No. 1 with their last two studio albums, Modern Vampires of the City and Contra.
Sales were driven largely by the sales generated from ticket/album sale redemption offers for their upcoming tour, which kicks off in June.
Congratulations, Vampire Weekend! Check out this week’s full Top 10 inside…
1. Vampire Weekend, Father of the Bride
2. Billie Eilish, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
3. Khalid, Free Spirit
4. PnB Rock, TrapStar Turnt PopStar
5. Ariana Grande, Thank U, Next
6. P!nk, Hurts 2B Human
7. ScHoolboy Q, CrasH Talk
8. BTS, Map of the Soul: Persona
9. Post Malone, beerbongs & bentleys
10. Juice WRLD, Death Race for Love
Source: Read Full Article