Cleaning guru shares the correct way to load your dishwasher – and why rinsing your bowls before could make them dirtier | The Sun
LOADING the dishwasher may seem like a task that doesn't really need to be thought about.
But one cleaning guru has revealed that loading it wrong can make your life way harder than it needs to be.
"Here's the right way to load your dishwasher," Caroline began in the video.
First and foremost, she revealed it was never a good idea to completely rinse off your dining ware before putting it in.
The cleaning expert explained: "Don't thoroughly rinse your bowls and plates, instead, scrape them.
"The detergent needs some food particles to cling to."
READ MORE CLEANING HACKS
My 4-ingredient mop water hack will leave your home smelling so fresh and clean
Savvy woman shares 5p hack to banish pesky fruit flies instantly
Next, Caroline urged people not to block the washing arms in the dishwasher so they can spread water around and clean properly.
To ensure it doesn't happen, the cleaning pro recommended placing larger items, such as pots and pans, at the back of the lower rack at an angle.
"Load dishes from the outside in and place them so they're facing inward," she continued.
Bowls should be placed in the top tray of the dishwasher facing down rather than stacked at an angle to make sure they are cleaned thoroughly.
Most read in Fabulous
Dad appalled by ‘disgusting’ present his daughter brought home from school
Meghan and Harry hold hands as they appear for last day of Invictus Games
YOU GLOW GIRL
I’m 73 but I party in Ibiza – my tip to looking great is NOT acting your age
Let your heart travel freely towards someone you’ve been resisting
Caroline also said to never place cups over the dishwasher tines as this can cause scratches over time.
Instead, place them next to the tines to keep them standing up.
Lastly, the cleaning whizz revealed you should always stagger out your silverware so that each item gets cleaned.
The clip posted to her TikTok account @neat.caroline was a hit with followers.
Recently, Caroline also revealed the four items you should never put in the dishwasher.
Cast iron can get damaged if put in the dishwasher and begin to rust over time.
Knives should also be washed by hand to stop the blades going dull.
Wooden spoons can warp or even crack in the dishwashers so are also best left out.
READ MORE SUN STORIES
Gogglebox stars reduced to tears after watching emotional My Mum Your Dad clip
Households can apply for up to £270 free cash next month – how to get it
Lastly, any dining ware with gold accents should be washed by hand to stop the colour from losing its vibrancy.
Fabulous will pay for your exclusive stories. Just email: fab[email protected] and pop EXCLUSIVE in the subject line.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article