I’m a cleaning fan – the right way to clean your washing machine to make sure it never gets mouldy & it costs pennies | The Sun
WE USE our washing machines daily, so it only makes sense that it needs to be cleaned regularly.
Cleaning whizz, Kaye Marie, has revealed her go-to routine using a £1 buy to banish mould and nasty smells.
Taking to social media, Kaye shared her routine after one follower asked how to stop it from smelling damp all the time, despite drying the drum out after every wash.
Kaye, who has professionally cleaning university houses said: "To prevent those nasty odours coming from your washing machine, you need to keep up with regular clean. I do mine at least once a fortnight now."
The cleaning whizz first used a little soap and water to clean the seal of the drum and then sprayed Elbow Grease as well to get rid of any stubborn grime.
She added: "I love Elbow Grease. As you all know it can rub letters off so just be very careful.
READ MORE CLEANING HACKS
My 2-ingredient cleaning solution is a sure way to make your home smell fresh
I lifted so much grime from the grout on my bathroom floor with a single product
"Acts a really good degreaser and it's amazing on plastics."
Taking out the detergent drawer, Kaye let it soak in her soap and water mixture and gave it a good spray with Elbow Grease.
She also used Elbow Grease on the inside of the drawer and recommended using a toothbrush to clean inside if it was particularly dirty.
Once she had wiped down the outside of her machine, she filled the drum up with white vinegar and a dishwasher tablet.
Most read in Fabulous
Mum spends benefits on designer school shoes for kid only for them to be banned
HEIR WE GO!
Harry cheers on Invictus Games athletes in Germany – but still without Meghan
I’m 39 and my wife, 83, treated me like a sex slave – I’m not a ‘money grabber’
Your work chart is ready to take on a new role
Kaye put the washing machine on a hot cycle and and let the machine do the rest of the work.
The clip posted to her TikTok account @kayemarie53 has since gone viral with over 160k views and almost 5,000 likes.
you can pick up Elbow grease for as little as £1.19 in Savers.
People were quick to thank her in the comments section for her detailed cleaning routine.
One person wrote: "Thanks for this video, really helped. My rubber seal is really dirty. It’s for ‘mould’ spots. How do I remove?"
Another commented: "Omg why did I never think to use a dishwasher tablet!? We have them in abundance since I bought a packet to clean the air fryer."
"It would have occurred to me to use a dishwasher tablet! Thank you," penned a third.
Meanwhile a fourth said: "I’ve got mould on the rim which I just can’t get off, do you have any recommendations please?"
Fabulous will pay for your exclusive stories. Just email: fab[email protected] and pop EXCLUSIVE in the subject line.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article