Kaia Gerber and Bella Hadid are double denim fans – here’s how you can rock the Canadian tuxedo – The Sun
ONCE seen as a style faux-pas, double denim is the Marmite look of the fashion world. But is it making a comeback?
Actress Eiza Gonzalez last week wore a low-cut denim shirt and jeans – and other celebs, from model Bella Hadid to actress Amy Adams have rocked the look. Here, Siobhan O’Connor shows you just how to dazzle in double denim.
Taller women can create curves by tying a jacket to the waist.
Opt for a lighter shade to the jumpsuit, to highlight the area.
- Denim jumpsuit, £34.99, H&M – buy now
- Yellow shirt, £19,99, Mango – buy now
- Neck scarf, £17.99, Mango – buy now
- Trainers, £35.99, Mango – buy now
- Denim jacket (around waist), £25.99, Zara – buy now
Balance out big busts with flared jeans.
A belted jacket is ideal for drawing the eye to your slimmest area – your waist.
- Denim top (worn under-neath), £25, Missguided – buy now
- Denim belted jacket, £29.99, H&M – buy now
- Bag, £14.99, H&M – buy now
- Denim flared jeans, £28, Pretty Little Thing – buy now
- Red boots, £89, Topshop – buy now
Eighties acid-wash is back. Nail the trend by wearing a similar shade of denim.
Darker hues make you look taller.
- Acid-wash denim shirt, £25, Pretty Little Thing – buy now
- Denim jeans, £29.99, River Island – buy now
- Pink and orange heels, £35, Asos – buy now
Freshen up distressed denim by opting for a straight-leg jean.
Long overcoat can cover any tummy woes.
- Green shirt, £25.99, Zara – buy now
- Ripped jeans, £35.99, Mango – buy now
- Long coat, £45.99, Topshop – buy now
- Boots, £35, Boohoo – buy now
A-line skirts in a darker shade will flatter hips and bums.
Contrast with a lighter shade on top to contour your figure.
- Pink top, £9.99, Zara – buy now
- Denim shirt jacket, £49.99, Mango – buy now
- Bag, £19.99, Mango – buy now
- Denim skirt, £35, Topshop – buy now
- Heels, £30, Pretty Little Thing – buy now
- Earrings, £3.99, New Look – buy now
- Wear denim shades that flatter your body – lighter shades draw attention and darker shades are more slimming.
- If going for a distressed denim look, opt for only one piece, instead of a head-to-toe outfit.
- Reach for denim pieces that fit your body and show off your silhouette. Baggy styles look dated and are unflattering.
- Invest in a good pair of jeans. Your favourite shape and style is the core of any double-denim look, A simple shirt tucked into your favourite trousers is effortlessly chic.
- Bag a denim jacket early in spring – it will become your saviour throw-on piece come summer.
- Be afraid to step out of your comfort zone – do experiment with styles you wouldn’t normally go for.
- Wear denim accessories, this will make your outfit look too over-the-top and dated.
- Accessorise with cowboy boots, or you will look like you are going to a fancy-dress party – not a good appearance.
- Mix too many shades – two is the maximum.
- Go for double denim the same day as your partner wears it. You’ll end up looking like Justin and Britney from the Nineties.
IT’S not just women rocking double denim – men are too.
Bond star Daniel Craig and singer Niall Horan have shown it can look cool.
But steer clear of flares and winkle-pickers.
Double denim fashion formula for men:
- T-shirt, £6, Burton – buy now
- Shirt, £55, River Island – buy now
- Jeans, £39.99, H&M – buy now
- Boots, £59, Office – buy now
Source: Read Full Article