Meghan and Harry latest: Prince seen filming in LA with James Corden after showdown to protect privacy

PRINCE Harry has been seen filming with fellow Brit and talk show host James Corden on an open-top bus in Los Angeles, California.

The Duke of Sussex was spotted alongside a film crew on the top deck of the tourist bus, talking and smiling with The Late Late show host.

Harry looked relaxed as he smiled and chatted to James Cordon from across the aisle of the red double-decker bus.

It comes after it was revealed that the Queen ‘banished staff’ during the tense Sandringham summit to protect privacy, royal experts have claimed. 

Prince Harry headed to the royal residence on January 13 last year, for the show down with the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William to discuss Megxit. 

Channel 5's Royal documentary 'Secrets of the Royal Palaces' claims the monarch took the extraordinary step of telling her staff to keep away from the Long Library, The Express reported.

Follow our Meghan and Harry live blog below for the very latest news on the couple and the Royal Family

  • Martha Cliff

    MEGHAN LOVES THIS GRUNGY NIGHT CLUB IN LONDON

    In a post on her now-defunct blog The Tig titled 'Insiders Guide To London', Meghan, recommended a particular night held at the club St Moritz on Wardour Street every Thursday – Gaz's Rockin' Blues – for a fun night out.

    The then-Suits actress wrote: "The oldest ongoing club in London, this place is sweaty, grungy and happening every Thursday night, late night.

    "They play a mix of rock’a’billy, reggae and ska. You come here to dance, not to be seen or to people watch.

    "The crowd is a mix of regulars in their zoot suits, teenagers channelling Jim Morrison, red lipped tough birds in tight corsets and other randoms that pepper the evening with strange encounters and lots of laughs. Don’t wear heels."

  • Martha Cliff

    THIS IS THE SECRET BEHIND MEG’S WEDDING SONG

    undefined

    The couple have revealed the poignant reason behind playing the song This Little Light Of Mine at their wedding. 

    Speaking on their new Archewell podcast the Duchess of Sussex, 39, said: "It was the music that we wanted playing when we started our lives together.”

    Meghan said: “This Little Light of Mine played at the very end of our wedding…while we were walking down the steps of the church.

    "It was the music that we wanted playing when we started our lives together. Because as we all know, 'darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that…"

  • Martha Cliff

    SOMETHING IN COMMON

    Meghan’s son Archie and Princess Eugenie’s baby could have something in common when the tot arrives.

    If Eugenie decides to give birth in the same hospital that she was born in back in 1990, then the new royal baby and Archie Harrison will immediately share a similar story.

    Meghan welcomed Archie, one, in London's The Portland Hospital back in May 2019.

    Meanwhile, Eugenie and her sister, Princess Beatrice, were also born in the American-owned hospital.

    In fact, when Sarah Ferguson gave birth to eldest daughter Beatrice in August 1988, it made her the first member of the royal family to give birth in a non-NHS hospital.

  • Martha Cliff

    PRINCE HARRY 'MISSES ARMY LIFE'

    The Duke of Sussex has reportedly admitted he "cannot believe" what has happened since deciding to step down as a senior royal.

    The Telegraph reports he told friends he "misses the camaraderie" of the Armed Forces life.

    He was forced to give up his military roles after he and Meghan decided to quit the UK in January.

    The Prince, 35, spent many happy years in the Army and was known as "Captain Wales".

  • Martha Cliff

    MEG HAS 'NEVER BEEN HAPPIER' SINCE QUITTING ROYAL LIFE

    "Meghan feels free. She has never been happier. She’s happy to be out of London,' a source told US magazine last year.

    "She was surprised at how quickly everything happened.

    "They knew they’d have to relinquish their titles, but the pace it happened surprised everyone.

    "The palace thought it would take longer, but they went with it."

  • Martha Cliff

    EXPECT TO SEE MORE OF MEG AND HARRY THIS YEAR

    undefined

    Speaking to Vanity Fair, sources close to the couple said Meghan and Harry are "optimistic and excited" for the future after a "rollercoaster" year.

    Discussing what 2021 has in store for the couple, the insider claimed: "We will see more of them and in a different way to how we saw them as working royals.

    "It will be more in line with who they are and the way they want to operate from now on."

     

  • Martha Cliff

    THIS IS THE £19 PRODUCT MEG USES TO LOOK MORE AWAKE

    The duchess has opted for a nude-tone of eye pencil instead of her trademark dark eyeliner, make-up expert Francesca Abrahamovitch told the Daily Mail.

    And Charlotte Tilbury sells the perfect one for just £19.

    And she's been applying it just below her lower waterline, which can make anyone look like they've had a full eight hours sleep (sounds like magic to us).

    Francesca said: "If you still want smoulder, smudge your dark pencil below it.

    "As long as you steer clear of that all-important waterline, you'll maintain the eye-brightening illusion."

  • Martha Cliff

    MEGHAN’S SNACKING HABITS REVEALED

    Meghan has spoken a fair bit about her diet in the past, and confirmed that one of her go-to healthy snacks is watermelon.

    In a past interview, she said: “On set and at home, I try to always have a container of watermelon sprinkled with cinnamon because it elevates the flavour just a notch, and makes it feel special."

    The mum-of-one also prefers a healthy drink to gorging on takeaways.

    Speaking of her fast food choices, she told The Chalkboard in a past chat: "A green juice. That’s fast. And it’s food. It’s been many moons since I went through a drive thru."

  • Martha Cliff

    MEGHAN IS 'NOT WORRIED' ABOUT SAMANTHA'S BOOK

    Samantha Markle's "tell-all" autobiography is expected to be critical of Meghan's alleged treatment of her dad and the royal family.

    But despite claims she has been worked-up about the content of the book, a close friend to the Duchess said the book has barely even registered on Meghan's radar.

    Speaking to Vanity Fair, they said: "Meghan has not seen Samantha for years so the idea that she is worried about the book is nonsense.

    "Meghan barely knows Samantha, they haven’t seen each other for nearly 20 years.”

  • Martha Cliff

    PRINCE HARRY SPOTTED FILMING WITH JAMES CORDEN

    Prince Harry has been seen filming with fellow Brit and talk show host James Corden on an open-top bus in Los Angeles, California.

    The Duke of Sussex was spotted alongside a film crew on the top deck of the tourist bus, talking and smiling with The Late Late show host.

    Harry looked relaxed as he smiled and chatted to James Cordon from across the aisle of the red double-decker bus.

    With one arm over the seat next to him, the Duke of Sussex seemed to be enjoying himself while at least two cameramen and a production crew overlooked the conversation.

  • Martha Cliff

    PRINCE HARRY CAN'T BE 'HALF IN HALF OUT' OF ROYAL FOLD

    The Duke of Sussex, who was an officer for ten years in the Army, had his honorary military titles stripped when he quit the royal family with Meghan Markle last January.

    But senior royal aides told the Daily Mail that it would be impossible for the Royal to have a “half in, half out” role.

    An insider said: “The view is very clear – either you are in or you are out, and any form of 'hybrid' role is incompatible with representing the head of state.”

    It is feared that the dispute could cause further friction between the Palace and the Duke, as a royal source admitted to the Mail the issue was “yet to be resolved”.

  • Martha Cliff

    MEGHAN MAY GIVE WRITING A GO

    An insider has claimed Meghan Markle wants to follow in Prince Charles and Sarah Ferguson's footsteps and give fiction writing a go.

    An insider said: "Fiction is something she has always wanted to try her hand at, and she could be assured that anything she writes would sell well, regardless of its quality.

    "Fiction, be it children's books or adult, would be a powerful way of conveying the messages of their woke brand."

  • Rebecca Flood

    SEX PISTOLS FRONTMAN SAYS PRINCE HARRY SHOULD REPAY TAXPAYERS' MONEY

    God Save the Queen punk Johnny Rotten is spitting mad about Prince Harry — and says he should return the money he has cost the taxpayer.

    The Sex Pistols icon insists Harry, 36, was selfish to ditch the Royal Family and move to LA with wife Meghan, 39.

    Rotten, 65, real name John Lydon, said: “That Prince Harry, he’s making no effort to try and improve the situation — he’s just thinking of himself here.

    “Well, hello. Give the money back.

    “It’s a terrible thing to say because of course he can’t, he never asked for it in the first place but he’s making people resent him when he should have chosen a better route.”

  • Rebecca Flood

    PRINCE HARRY TOLD HE CAN'T BE 'HALF IN HALF OUT' IF HE'S TO KEEP MILITARY TITLES

    Prince Harry "can't be half in, half out" of the Royal fold if he wants to retains his military titles, insiders have said.

    It comes after reports that the Duke of Sussex will fight to retain the military roles he gave up as part of the Megxit deal pending a one-year review in March. 

    The Duke of Sussex, who was an officer for ten years in the Army, had his honorary military titles stripped when he quit the royal family with Meghan Markle last January.

    But senior royal aides told the Daily Mail that it would be impossible for the Royal to have a “half in, half out” role. 

    An insider said: “The view is very clear – either you are in or you are out, and any form of 'hybrid' role is incompatible with representing the head of state.”

  • Rebecca Flood

    QUEEN 'BANISHED STAFF' DURING MEGXIT SHOWDOWN PROTECT PRIVACY

    The Queen is said to have 'banished staff' during the infamous Sandringham summit on January 13 with Prince Harry, a royal expert has claimed.

    Narrator Glynis Barber said: "The Queen wanted absolute privacy and chose the secluded Long Library, the location of her first televised Christmas address.

    "Only a handful of key lieutenants were allowed inside the room," The Express reported.

    Ms Andrews, the Royal Editor for The Mail on Sunday, explained: "The Queen instructed all of her staff to keep to the other side of the house.

    "They wanted to keep it as private as possible, they didn't want anything being leaked to the press."

  • Rebecca Flood

    PRINCE HARRY WINS DAMAGES OVER CLAIMS HE SNUBBED THE MARINES

    Prince Harry won "substantial damages" from a newspaper publisher over "baseless" claims he snubbed the Marines after Megxit – and donated the money to the Invictus Games.

    The Duke of Sussex, 36, sued Associated Newspapers Ltd over two "almost identical" articles claiming he had "not been in touch since his last appearance as an honorary Marine in March".

    Harry today won his legal action after being left "personally affronted" by the articles on the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline in October.

    The High Court heard he accepted an apology and damages, which he will donate to the Invictus Games Foundation he set up in 2014.

    A statement on his behalf released after the short hearing this morning said: "Today, the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline publicly admitted in open court that they pushed a completely false and defamatory story."

  • Rebecca Flood

    THE QUEEN IS HIRING SOMEONE TO RUN HER INSTAGRAM FEED

    In other royal news, The Queen is hiring someone to run her Instagram account – and the best part is, you'll get paid £27,000 to post her pictures.

    The advert for the Senior Employee Communications Assistant has been shared on the Royal Household's website.

    The lucky candidate will run Buckingham Palace's social media channels and have a "creative flair" and "eye for design".

    On top of this, they will also be in charge of the royal staff's intranet and keeping their 1,200 employees up to date on what's going on at Buckingham Palace.

     

  • Rebecca Flood

    THESE ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE WEDDING DRESSES – INCLUDING MEGHAN MARKLE'S

    Meghan's marriage to Prince Harry took place in Windsor on May 19, 2018 and there was a lot of speculation about her wedding dress beforehand.

    Meghan stunned onlookers as she arrived at St George’s Chapel in Windsor in a stunning bespoke gown by Givenchy, created by British designer Clare Waight Keller, which is estimated to cost around £110,000. 

    Meghan and Clare worked closely together on the design, which featured a graphic open bateau neckline that gracefully framed the shoulders and emphasised Meghan’s slender waist.

    It had a 16ft train and veil which was adorned with the flowers of the 53 commonwealth countries, and it took an incredible 3,900 hours over the course of four months to create. 

  • Rebecca Flood

    MEGHAN'S STAFF REMOVED HER NAME FROM ARCHIE'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE – NOT THE PALACE

    Meghan's name was removed from Archie's birth certificate by members of her own royal staff – NOT Buckingham Palace.

    Aides at Team Sussex rewrote the document and replaced 'Rachel Meghan' with 'Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex'.

    The couple’s Californian PR team in statement on Sunday said changes to Archie's birth certificate were "dictated by the Palace.”

    But Royal insiders say Buckingham Palace was not involved and that it was Kensington Palace officials.

    A royal source said: "The birth certificate was changed by the former office of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex they had when they were working members of the royal family.

    "It was changed to ensure consistency of the name and title of the Duchess with other private documents."

  • Rebecca Flood

    PIERS MORGAN SAYS THE QUEEN MUST TELL PRINCE HARRY HE WON'T GET HIS MILIARY TITLES BACK

    The Queen should permanently strip Prince Harry of his military titles because he cannot be an "absentee armchair general", Piers Morgan says.

    When Harry and wife Meghan Markle dramatically quit their royal duties last January, the Duke was forced to give up his various roles in Her Majesty's armed forces for one year.

    Piers Morgan claims Harry can't "physically commit" to his duties due to his work commitments in Hollywood.

    Writing in the Daily Mail, Piers said: "What is being questioned is his ability to physically commit, in the UK, to the three military organisations he wants to represent."

    He adds: "The answer, surely, is nowhere near enough?"

     

  • Rebecca Flood

    MEGHAN 'NOT WORRIED' ABOUT HER SISTER'S BOOK AND PLANS TO WRITE HER OWN, SAYS PAL

    Meghan Markle is "not worried" about her half-sister Samantha's book release – and is writing her own, a friend has said.

    Samantha Markle's "tell-all" autobiography is expected to be critical of Meghan's alleged treatment of her dad and the royal family.

    But despite claims she has been worked-up about the content of the book, a close friend to the Duchess said the book has barely even registered on Meghan's radar.

    Speaking to Vanity Fair, they said: "Meghan has not seen Samantha for years so the idea that she is worried about the book is nonsense.

    "Meghan barely knows Samantha, they haven’t seen each other for nearly 20 years.”

  • Rebecca Flood

    THROWBACK POST ON THE SUSSEX ROYAL INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT 

    On this day last year the Sussex Royal Instagram account shared a post about the couple's trip New Zealand.

    It said: “To all of our Kiwi followers, sending our very best to each of you on Waitangi Day!

    “As a commonwealth country and a realm, today we honour the spirit and diversity of New Zealand, and we feel particularly reminded of the special time we had there during our tour in 2018.

    “The Duke and Duchess send their best wishes to all the people of New Zealand.”

  • Claudia Aoraha

    A 'HYBRID' ROYAL ROLE IS 'INCOMPATIBLE' SAYS SOURCE

    An insider said: “The view is very clear – either you are in or you are out, and any form of 'hybrid' role is incompatible with representing the head of state.”

    The Duke of Sussex, who was an officer for ten years in the Army, had his honorary military titles stripped when he quit the royal family with Meghan last January.

    Harry is reportedly determined to hold onto his treasured military roles of Captain General of the Royal Marines, Honorary Air Commandant of RAF Honington and Commodore-in-Chief, Small Ships and Diving, Royal Naval Command pending a one-year Megxit review.

    He is currently not allowed to take any particular role using the titles, but they have not yet been handed to other members of the family.

    No official choice has been made as to who will replace Harry if he is forced to drop them, although Princess Anne and Prince William are thought to be considered.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    SAMANTHA MARKLE'S CHAPTER NAME

    The Diary of Princess Pushy’s Sister: A Memoir, Part One, published by Barnes and Noble, contains a chapter called Queen Would be Appalled – a bold name-check which could put officials on alert.

    It refers to an explosive former interview in which Samantha said the Queen "would be appalled" by the drama in the Markle family.

    Samantha is already writing a second book called “In the Shadows of the Duchess”.

  • Claudia Aoraha

    MEGS AND HARRY 'WILL TOUR THEIR PODCAST'

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are being tapped up with offers from live agents about touring their new podcast.

    It would see the pair, who signed a £30million deal with Spotify, recording live sessions with an intimate audience.

    Insiders said the pair were now being lined up for the possibility of ticketed events – which would be charged at a premium.

    An insider said: “Live agents have been eyeing up Meghan and Harry’s new deal with great interest.

    “They have been inundated with offers about the possibility of touring the podcast when the time is right.

Source: Read Full Article