Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could receive book deal worth more than Obamas' £49m to tell 'unfiltered' side of story
EARLIER this week Meghan Markle and Prince Harry revealed their hopes of becoming "financially independent" as they "step back" as senior royals.
Now, experts have suggested that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex could secure a book deal worth more than the £49m netted by Barack and Michelle Obama's autobiographies to tell their "unfiltered" side of the "royal crisis".
According to Harper's Bazaar, it is "extremely likely" that the former Suits actress, 38, will choose to pen a book.
They point out that she has "professed a love of writing in the past" – including for her now-defunct blog The Tig and as a guest-editor for British Vogue last year.
"Following everything that has taken place, it seems very plausible that Meghan would want to give her own, unfiltered account of events," suggested journalist Amy De Klerk.
It is a view also supported by experts who predict that if the Duke and Duchess choose to write about their lives, they could be looking at making more than the Obamas.
Ronn Torossian, CEO of New York-based PR firm 5W Public Relations, told the Daily Mail that they are likely to be inspired by the former US president and first lady who signed a joint two-book deal at Penguin Random House worth a reported £49m in 2017.
He said: "They will definitely follow the Michelle and Barack model, and it will definitely work for them because people are incredibly thirsty for those royals."
Michelle's autobiography Becoming sold 10m copes as of March 2019, and is on track to become the best-selling memoir of all time.
Her husband Barack's autobiography is still to be released – with suggestions it might land during the 2020 presidential campaign.
Additionally, it is suggested that even if Meghan and Harry, 35, don't want to write about their own lives, they could still strike a lucrative deal focusing on topics they are passionate about.
It comes as the Queen has demanded an agreement be made on the couple's future within 72 hours.
Buckingham Palace has been thrown into chaos with the revelation that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are to quit as senior royals and move to Canada.
After announcing their controversial decision on Wednesday, Meghan flew to North America on Thursday night leaving her husband to deal with the fallout.
Now it has been reported that the monarch, 93, has instructed her courtiers to solve the dispute by Tuesday – ahead of her grandson's first public appearance next week.
In other royal news, we told you how Meghan Markle can't seem to stick to anything for more than two years.
We also revealed that the Queen keeps her Christmas tree up until February as a tribute to her beloved dad.
And Mike Tindall teaches daughter Mia to surf as they join Zara and Lena for family day at beach during Australia holiday.
Source: Read Full Article