Meghan Markle latest news – Duchess 'to be SUED for defamation, libel & slander' over 'shocking' Finding Freedom claims

MEGHAN Markle's half-sister has vowed to sue her for "defamation" after bombshell emails revealed she helped brief the authors of the biography Finding Freedom.

The Duchess of Sussex had to apologise to the court for "forgetting" to tell the judge about the emails to ex-communications secretary Jason Knauf after they emerged amid her legal battle with the Mail on Sunday.

In an email sent to Mr Knauf, Meghan said her half-sister Samantha had "lost custody of all three of her children from different fathers".

Fuming Samantha is now planning on suing Meghan for "defamation, libel and slander" as well as "breach of privacy", the Sunday People reports.

"I’m speaking to one lawyer in England and one in the US as there are different statutory windows and different issues," the 57-year-old told the outlet

"I’m looking at suing for defamation in the US. In the UK, I’m looking at a breach of privacy and data privacy act breach because the statutory window for defamation is only one year in the UK.

“Jason Knauf is subpoenable and the messages to [him] are evidence she was libelling and slandering me. Anything to keep this family quiet was my sister’s motto. It’s horrible.”

Read our Meghan and Harry live blog below for the latest updates…

  • Milica Cosic

    Meghan & Adele as Pilates buddies

    After living next door to each other, Meghan and Adele began to spend more time together – and that included getting fit together.

    A source had previously told the Mirror: “Meghan and Adele have been having Pilates lessons. They are loving it. The instructor has also been giving lessons to Harry. It’s a great stress-buster.”

    The get fit regime has been part of Adele's new healthier lifestyle following her divorce.

  • Milica Cosic

    Queen to mark milestone

    The Queen will mark a heartbreaking milestone this weekend, without her husband Prince Phillip. 

    Prince Phillip died on April 9, this year at the age of 99.

    On Saturday 20 November 20, the Royal couple would have celebrated their 74th year of marriage. 

    The monarch also faces her first Christmas without Philip.

    It is understood she will host her extended family in Norfolk this year, having missed out on a big family Christmas last year due to Covid restrictions.

  • Milica Cosic

    Queen’s sprain ‘unrelated to doctor’s advice’

    It is understood the sprain is recent and unrelated to her medics’ advice to rest.

    She will now remain at Windsor Castle and is said to be “deeply disappointed” to miss the poignant service today.

    Sources say there were concerns over how a car journey to London and a period of standing could impact her injury.

  • Milica Cosic

    Explained: Has the Queen been in hospital before? 

    The October trip was believed to be the Queen's sixth major hospital trip in over 40 years.

    It was believed the Queen stayed the night in hospital as it was getting too late to take her on a 26-mile trip home.

    She was not thought to have had an overnight hospital stay since March 2013 when she was treated for a stomach bug at the same hospital.

  • Milica Cosic

    Timeline of Queen’s health scare (Continued…)

    October 22 – The Queen was said to be back at her desk and in "good spirits".

    She was said to be back reading her official government red boxes.

    October 24 – It was reported that palace aides were told to "cut back" the Queen's "exhausting" schedule following her health scare.

    October 26 – The Queen beamed as she carried out her first official engagement since being ordered to rest by doctors following a health scare.

    Her Majesty hosted two virtual audiences at Windsor Castle.

    October 27 – Her Royal Highness dramatically pulled out of the COP26 Climate summit -instead opting to record a video message.

    November 14 – The Queen is forced miss the Remembrance Sunday event after spraining her back.

    But sources confirmed that the 95-year-old has plans to continue with her schedule of light duties over the next week.

  • Milica Cosic

    Timeline of Queen's health scare

    October 12 – The Queen was seen with a walking stick for the first time since 2004 at a service of thanksgiving to mark the centenary of the Royal British Legion at Westminster Abbey.

    October 14 – Her Majesty used a walking stick again in Cardiff when she arrived to offically open the Welsh Senedd.

    October 20 – The Queen sparked health fears by cancelling her first royal duties in 15 years yesterday.

    She was due to visit Northern Ireland but was told by docs to rest for up to a week instead.

    October 21 – News emerged that the Queen has been kept overnight in hospital for tests.

    She stayed overnight because it was getting too late to take her on a 26-mile trip home, sources said.

    October 21 – Her Majesty was discharged — with Buckingham Palace saying she was in “good spirits” after “preliminary investigations” during her visit to hospital.

  • Milica Cosic

    How is the Queen doing today? 

    It is understood that The Queen's sprain is recent and unrelated to her medics' advice to rest.

    However, doctors have confirmed that Her Majesty will not require hospital treatment.

    A Buckingham Palace statement read: "The Queen, having sprained her back, has decided this morning with great regret that she will not be able to attend today's Remembrance Sunday Service at the Cenotaph.

    "Her Majesty is disappointed that she will miss the service."

    Discussing the Queen's absence, royal author Angela Levin said she would have found it "very uncomfortable to travel by car from Windsor to London" and then "stand for a long time".

    She told GB News: "She apparently watched it on television, so she was there in spirit, but of course not in herself. I think we all feel an age is coming to end, but we don't know how long and I think that's quite right too really."

  • Milica Cosic

    Royal sue

    The Royal Family have been told they can sue Netflix over The Crown.

    Friends shown in the new series consulted the Queen’s lawyers who said they and the royals had grounds for legal action.

    Close friends of the royals, worried about their own portrayals in the upcoming fifth series, recently sought advice from top solicitors.

    They include experts from the Queen’s favoured law firms Farrer & Co and Harbottle & Lewis.

    The friends were told that they are entitled to sue the show’s makers for libel.

    And crucially the advice has now been shared with the royals — paving the way for them to take historic action.

    A source said: “Friends of the Royal Family sought legal advice.

    “The advice they received would also apply to the Royal Family.

    “Although this is not direct legal advice given to the Queen and her family — they have been made aware of this advice.”

  • Milica Cosic

    Kate Middleton 'most fashionable woman in the Royal family'

    New research has found that Brits search for Kate Middleton’s wardrobe more than any other Royal woman, making her the most fashionable woman in the Royal family. 

    Research also revealed that:

    • Kate Middleton’s style is the most Googled of any Royal woman with a total of 9,010 monthly searches for her wardrobe 
    • Princess Diana is the second most influential in terms of fashion with 6,000 average monthly searches. 
    • Meghan, Duchess of Sussex is the third most fashionable with the Queen coming fourth. 

    The study was conducted by mobile casino comparison experts TopMobileCasino.

    • Milica Cosic

      Queen's diary is empty

      Royal commentators are speculating that the Queen is unlikely to be out and about in coming months with no major public engagements set for the rest of the year. 

      Joe Little, the managing editor of Majesty magazine said there had been a "collective sigh of relief" when she was due to be at the Cenotaph, but the situation had "regressed".

      Mr Little added that the celebration of the monarch's Platinum Jubilee will be different from her Diamond Jubilee and will "reflect her age". 

      The monarch is due to reach the milestone in February, and a busy four-day bank holiday weekend of festivities in June will ensue.

    • Milica Cosic

      That's a whole Xmas Day feast

      ALTHOUGH many expect only the most extravagant fine-dining to take place in Sandringham with British monarchs this year, a former chef reveals that the royal Christmas lunch is very traditional.

      Darren McGrady who previously worked in the royal kitchens explained how staff are likely to be extremely busy getting Sandringham ready for the festive celebrations.

      Mr McGrady explained that the family usually dine on a big Christmas lunch after the church celebrations.

      He said they would previously eat “a salad with shrimp or lobster, and a roasted turkey, and all of your traditional side dishes like parsnips, carrots, Brussels sprouts, and Christmas pudding with brandy butter for dessert” reported the Mirror.

      The former chef also explained that the queen enjoyed a very traditional Turkey dinner, and they do not have ham as he explains the family’s festive meal choices are “very boring.”

      “We did three turkeys for the Queen and her family in the royal dining room, one for the children’s nursery and then more for the 100 or so staff, so everyone had a Christmas lunch.”

    • Milica Cosic

      Queen entering new phase of her reign

      Journalist Penny Junor "it is not surprising" that the Queen missed the Remembrance Day service. 

      She spoke out after the announcement, and suggested that the Queen is entering a new phase of her reign, saying she won't be seen as much in public. 

      "We're so used to seeing her out and about and looking years younger than she is that I think we've been lulled into thinking she can go on at this kind of pace forever. 

      "Clearly she can't. There comes a time in everybody's life when they have to admit that they are getting older and can't do the things that they perhaps want to do,"Ms Junor said.

    • Milica Cosic

      Explained: Will the Queen's Platinum Jubilee be a bank holiday?

      Yes, In November 2020, Oliver Dowden announced "a four-day Bank Holiday weekend to celebrate The Queen’s 70 year reign".

      The May Bank Holiday Weekend will be moved to Thursday, June 2, 2022.

      An additional Bank Holiday will take place on Friday, June 3, 2022.

      It means there will be a four-day weekend to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.

      There will be a four-day weekend to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, after the culture secretary announced an extra bank holiday on June 3 Credit: PA:Press Association
    • Milica Cosic

      When is the Queen's Platinum Jubilee?

      Princess Elizabeth became Queen on February 6, 1952 – the day her father King George VI died.

      Therefore February 6, 2022, will mark 70 years on the throne.

      However, the UK will celebrate Her Majesty’s 70th anniversary as monarch with a blockbuster weekend of celebrations in June 2022.

      It is the first time any British monarch has reached this historic milestone.

    • Milica Cosic

      Three exhibitions announced to mark Platinum Jubilee

      It has been announced that there will be three special exhibitions to mark the Platinum Jubilee next year.

      The Royal Collection is staging the displays, each commemorating the significant occasions of Elizabeth II's reign, at official royal residences in 2022.

      Buckingham Palace will also host Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's Accession featuring historic photographic portraits of the head of state taken just 20 days after she acceded to the throne.

      The Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, will also display a collection of outfits worn by the Queen during her Silver, Golden, and Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

      At Windsor Castle, for the Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's Coronation exhibition, tourists will see the Queen's Coronation Dress and Robe of Estate which she wore for her 1953 coronation.

    • Milica Cosic

      Meghan & Harry could return for Jubilee

      A royal author has said that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are likely to return to London for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebration as their association with the Royal Family is "vital" for their success.

      Royal biographer Ian Lloyd said: "I would be surprised if they didn't appear next year for the Jubilee, and that's because their brand relies on the fact that they are associated with the Royal Family.

      "As much as they appear to fight against it and go off in their own direction to do things, the only reason that they are getting the fame they have at the moment is because Harry is the grandson of Elizabeth II and his mother was Princess of Wales, Diana, who everybody in America adored.

      "The association with the Royal Family is vital so I think they would probably want to come to be associated with them, just to keep their brand alive."

    • Milica Cosic

      Harry told 'to take a step back'

      A royal expert has advised the Duke of Sussex to "take a step back" after his latest intervention on misinformation and social media was met with a backlash.

      Historian Dr Tessa Dunlop told Palace Confidential: "In relation to Harry and Meghan, and this torturous to-ing and fro-ing with social media, I agree they need to take a step back.

      "They’re clearly spending way too long scrolling. There seems to be ambiguity around his messaging.

      "I am fond of him and I think he could be better advised to steer clear of big issues like the First Amendment when it comes to social media."

    • Milica Cosic

      Prince Charles' conversations with William about future of monarchy

      A royal expert has claimed that Prince Charles, 72, is first in line to the throne when the Queen dies, but has been facing calls to let Prince William take over as head of state.

      Royal expert Jonathan Sacerdoti has said there is "no strong argument" for Charles to let the crown to go to William.

      Speaking to Express.co.uk, Mr Sacerdoti said: "I don't think there's a strong argument for it and I think that Prince Charles will be a different kind of monarch to his mother and William will be a different kind of monarch to his father and grandmother.

      "I think there is no chance that Prince Charles will be King for as long as his mother.

      "It's just statistically and mathematically impossible."

    • Milica Cosic

      How old was the Queen when she was crowned?

      Elizabeth was just 25 years old when she became the Queen of England but she was 27 by the time of the coronation.

      She is now 95 years old and still completing royal duties, although Prince Charles was voted in as her successor as head of the Commonwealth on April 20.

      On September 9, 2015, she became the longest reigning British monarch, overtaking her great-great-grandmother Victoria.

      And on February 6, 2017, she became the first British monarch to celebrate a Sapphire Jubilee marking 65 years on the throne.

      The Queen is also the world’s oldest currently serving state leader.

    • Milica Cosic

      The royal procedures that will be put in place when Prince Charles becomes king

      It is expected that in the hours following the Queen’s death, an “Accession Council” will convene at St. James’s Palace, London, to formally recognise the transition and to proclaim Charles as the monarch.

      The Accession Council consists of the group of advisers to the sovereign known as the Privy Council.

      Prince Charles will then meet with the Prime Minister and address the nation after the news has been broken to the public by the BBC.

      A twelve-day period of national mourning will ensue.

      All parliamentary business will be suspended for ten days – with the exception of MPs giving tribute in the House of Commons, as they did with Prince Philip in April this year.

    • Milica Cosic

      Camilla fought to make sure myths about Prince Charles were debunked

      According to royal expert Richard Kay, Camilla was "frustrated" to see false myths about her husband Prince Charles remaining "unchallenged".

      Richard said: "Of these the most eccentric was that at breakfast, seven eggs each boiled to a different degree of softness were set before him so that he could choose the one with the right consistency.

      "While hardly the most egregious of fables, she was frustrated that this and other misleading beliefs about the man she loves were allowed to remain unchallenged."

    • Milica Cosic

      Diana 'would have been very proud' of Harry

      In Sally Morgan's new book Secret Spirit, the psychic praises Harry for speaking out about his struggles and believes his mother "would have been very proud".

      She said: "Harry and Meghan are helping drive the debate forward."

      Sally has also made a new prediction and believes Harry and Meghan will be "together forever".

      The psychic added: "Harry will never abandon his children.”

    • Milica Cosic

      Prince Harry ‘visited Princess Diana’s psychic

      PRINCESS Diana's psychic made a spooky prediction about Meghan Markle to Prince Harry years before the royal even met his wife.

      Sally Morgan received a phone call from the Duke of Sussex around eight years ago while he was in an on/off relationship with Cressida Bonas.

      Harry asked the TV psychic about how his future wife would look and received a description matching Meghan, who he first met in 2016.

      Sally told the Mirror: "One of the sweetest things he said to me was, ‘What colour hair will my future wife have? Will she have blonde hair?’

      "I said he would marry someone with dark hair.”

      Read more here.

    • Milica Cosic

      Yesterday’s ceremony was a far cry from last year

      Yesterday’s ceremony was a far cry from last year when the  Covid lockdown meant only a few were allowed to remember the many.

      In 2020, just 148 service personnel were on duty, while this year 718 were present.

      Among them was L/Cpl Mae Percival, 22, who three months ago helped rescue 15,000 Brits and  Afghans in the chaos of the  Kabul airlift.

      She said: “In the two-minute silence, I was thinking about the 13 US Marines who died in the Kabul operation. Nothing prepares you for the things we saw there.”

      Tim Farmiloe was the oldest veteran at 98 on parade as he made his first appearance at the Cenotaph.  

      He said: “I found it very moving.”

      A sombre Prince Charles salutes the fallen
    • Milica Cosic

      Cenotaph 'not the same' without Queen

      Former Warrant Officer Colin Veal, 63, who served in Northern Ireland, the Gulf, Bosnia and Afghanistan, said: “God Save the Queen was all the more poignant because she wasn’t there.

      "When I joined the Army in 1974, the Queen was the boss. I’m a veteran now and she’s still the boss.”

      Colin, of Coalville, Leics, added: “To every one of us who have served Queen and country, there’s something special about having her here.

      “It is not the same without her.”

      Source: Read Full Article