Viewers all say the same thing about 'hot lectern guy' during Liz Truss's resignation speech | The Sun
LIZ Truss sensationally announced her resignation this afternoon – but expectant viewers were all asking the same thing about a famous member of her crew.
As the PM spoke from outside Downing Street, many were yearning for another appearance of the 'hot lectern guy'.
The man who sets up the Prime Minister's podium and mics has gone viral in recent years, with some even hilariously calling for the mystery man to take control of No. 10 himself.
He stole the show when Boris Johnson announced his resignation in July.
And eagle-eyed viewers were quick to notice he was the same man to prepare the previous resignation speech for Theresa May too.
However, he disappointed fans hoping for a reappearance at Truss' historic speech today.
Read More Truss Resignation
Liz Truss RESIGNS as Prime Minister after 44 days in power
Battle is on to be next PM – with Sunak and Mordaunt top contenders
It comes as…
- Liz Truss dramatically RESIGNS as Prime Minister after just 44 days in office;
- Top contenders to take over from Liz Truss are revealed;
- Truss's 44-day stint as PM is set to be the shortest in British history;
- The previous record-holder for shortest term was Tory statesman George Canning, who spent 118 days as prime minister in 1827 before dying in office from ill-health;
- Truss said she had spoken to the King on Thursday to notify him of her resignation;
- A new Prime Minister will be elected in days as today's resignation sparks a leadership election;
- Allies of Chancellor Jeremy Hunt said he would not be standing for the Tory leadership;
- Truss faces a dramatic week ahead as she remains in her post until a successor is chosen;
- Labour call for a general election.
- The pound has rallied following the dramatic resignation
- Rishi Sunak, Penny Mordaunt and Ben Wallace are the top frontrunners to be the next PM.
Let-down viewers took to Twitter to share their grief, flooding the social media platform with comments after the anonymous staffer failed to show.
One commented: "Where is hot lectern guy? This is his moment".
Most read in Fabulous
People are only just realizing that they're making 3 mistakes shaving down there
I’m pregnant & people shame me for wearing a bikini – but I don't care
I'm skinny-shamed for my no-cup boobs… but trolls won't stop me wearing sexy tops
Meghan reveals devastation after Queen's death – and how Prince Harry reacted
Another joked: "Has even Hot Lectern Guy resigned from Liz Truss' government?"
"Where is hot lectern guy? He is the one we are all waiting for", said a third.
Source: Read Full Article