Best F1 betting sites: Top bookies for Formula 1 betting odds | The Sun
FORMULA 1 is undoubtedly the most popular form of motor racing. Dating back to 1950, F1 features the best drivers from around the world, who battle it out for constructors such as Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes. F1 betting is now also available with the majority of the leading online bookmakers in the UK.
As such, you can bet on the winner of races, the Championship winner and much more. On this page, we will outline where you can find the best betting odds for F1. On top of this, we will also discuss available markets, bonuses and extra features that you can take advantage of.
Best F1 betting sites
- BetUK – Get £30 in free bets
- Spreadex – Bet £10, get £40
- bet365 – Bet £10, get £30
- BoyleSports – Bet £10, get £20
- Sky Bet – £30 in free bets when you sign up
- Parimatch – Bet £10 get £30
- BetVictor – A Premier return! Bet £10 and get £40
- Ladbrokes – Get £20 when you bet £5
- 10bet – 50% up to £50 welcome bonus
- Betgoodwin – 50% back as free bet – up to £25
How we made our selection of F1 betting sites
Given the number of betting sites that feature F1 markets today, it can be tricky to decide who to register with. However, when making our recommendations, we ensured that our top rated bookies all score well in the following areas:
- Security features – All of our recommended bookies are safe to use. They are all licensed by the Gambling Commission. Meanwhile, they all have a host of tools in place to protect visitors. These include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology and firewalls.
- F1 betting markets – The number of F1 betting markets has increased significantly over the years. You can now bet on the race winner, podium finish, fastest lap, championship winner and much more. So, ensure that your needs are catered for in this area before signing up.
- Bonuses and promotions for F1 – Betting sites in the UK come with some form of welcome offer in an attempt to entice new members into signing up. Meanwhile, they also often come with ongoing promotions, such as free bets, price boosts, acca insurance and money-back specials. When the terms and conditions are fair, you should take full advantage of the promos on offer.
- Mobile app – A significant proportion of F1 bets are now placed on mobile devices. While betting sites can be accessed through your chosen mobile browser, many bookies have also developed dedicated betting apps. Available on iOS and Android in most cases, apps offer enhanced usability and speed.
- Live betting on F1 – As well as pre-match markets, you are also able to bet on F1 races after they have begun. Odds fluctuate as the laps go by and incidents occur. If you can confirm your bet at the right time, you may well reap the rewards.
- Payment options – In order to place bets on Formula 1, you must first deposit money of your own. The best bookies accept a host of options, including debit cards, e-wallets and Apple Pay. Also look at withdrawal times and whether there are any processing fees.
- Best F1 odds – Ultimately, it is the odds that will determine how much you make from a winning F1 bet. Our recommended bookies are all competitive in this area. However, it is worth shopping around in order to locate the best prices.
A closer look at the best Formula 1 betting apps and bookmakers in the UK
Still unsure of which F1 betting site to sign up on? Below, we have taken a closer look at our top 5 bookies, specifically on what they offer surrounding Formula 1. We have also listed three selling points for each brand:
BetUK covers all F1 races during the season, with markets being available on practice, qualifying and the race itself. The bookie is a top option for motor racing specials. An example is Max Verstappen winning qualifying, the race and setting the fastest lap. Odds are among the best around, while the BetUK app can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices. You can also claim £30 in free bets when signing up, while ongoing promotions include acca boosts.
- Variety of F1 markets
- Leading motor racing odds
- Mobile app on iOS & Android
At Spreadex, you can find both fixed odds and spread betting F1 markets. Pre-race, live and outright options are available, with popular markets including race winner, fastest qualifier and drivers championship. Odds are competitive throughout, with new members at Spreadex being able to get their hands on £50 in bonuses. While there are no promotions specific to motor racing, Spreadex does score well when it comes to mobile betting, customer service and withdrawals.
- Excellent F1 coverage
- Generous welcome offer
- Fast withdrawals
3. Sky Bet
At Sky Bet, you can bet on each individual F1 race, as well as the season overall. One of the most popular markets is Head to Head, where you can bet on which of the two drivers in question will finish the race first. SkyBet is known for offering some of the best motor racing prices around. Meanwhile, the bookie is also one of just a few to come with a no deposit bonus for new members.
- No deposit bonus available
- Excellent F1 coverage
- Price boosts
Parimatch sign up
Bet £10 get £30 in free bets
18+ New customers only. Opt in, and bet £10 on football markets (odds 2.00+). No cash out. Get 6x£5 football free bets at specified odds for set markets, which expire after 7 days. Offer valid from 12:00 UK Time on 25/08/2023. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly
As well as pre-race and outright F1 betting markets, you will also find in-play opportunities at Parimatch. The bookie also offers useful information surrounding the sport, including which drivers compete for each team. The sports welcome offer is worth £20 in free bets, with a handful of ongoing promotions being available too. Parimatch is fully functional on mobile devices, with a good number of payment methods being accepted too.
- Useful F1 info and stats
- Attractive welcome offer
- Range of payment methods
How to bet on Formula 1
Thanks to the usability and efficiency of the top online bookmakers, it is easy to bet on Formula 1. For beginners, the following is a step-by-step guide that explains how to get started on wagering on your favourite teams and drivers:
- Enter the website of your chosen bookie.
- Select the “Join Now” or “Sign Up” button.
- Complete the registration form by entering your personal details. You may well need to create a username and password at this stage.
- Confirm your registration and verify your new account via email.
- Log in to your account and access the cashier page.
- Deposit money using your preferred payment method.
- Browse Formula 1 markets.
- Add selections to your bet slip as you wish.
- Browse available bet types and the odds on offer.
- Enter your stake and confirm the bet by selecting “Place Bets”.
What types of bets can you place on Formula 1?
A good number of markets are now available surrounding F1. As such, it is possible to bet on far more than simply the winner of each race. The following are among the markets to look out for:
- Race winner – The simplest bet available. Here, you are betting on a specific driver to win an F1 race. You will only receive a payout if your selection finishes in first position.
- Podium finish – In order to give yourself a level of insurance, you can also bet on a driver to achieve a podium finish. This means that they must finish in one of the first 3 places.
- Prop bets – Many bookies offer specials on Formula 1. This can be anything from fastest qualifier to fastest in practice.
- Driver matchup – Also known as head to head, with this market, you are betting on one driver to finish ahead of another. In some cases, you can request a specific matchup.
- Pole position – Which driver will start the race on pole position? Effectively, you are betting on which driver will record the fastest qualifying lap.
- Fastest lap – A championship point is now won by the driver who records the fastest lap on race day. As such, this is another bet type offered by most bookies.
Is there in-play betting on F1?
Absolutely. Like many other sports today, it is possible to place live bets on Formula 1 races. As such, as soon as a race has started, in-play odds become available. Prices change regularly during the race, based on overtakes, pit stops and other incidents. With pre-race odds not always being the most appealing, many use in-play markets as a way to find value. For example, you could back Max Verstappen to win the race, despite being overtaken in the opening lap.
What bonuses are available for F1 betting?
One of the major benefits of betting on F1 online is the bonuses and promotions that are offered by bookies. While deals specific to motor racing are difficult to find, there are certainly rewards worth taking advantage of. Our recommended bookies all come with a welcome offer, such as a free bet or deposit bonus.
Meanwhile, those betting on Formula 1 may well be able to utilise price boosts, acca insurance and money-back specials. Whatever the offer type is, be sure to read the bonus terms and conditions in full before signing up and depositing.
BoyleSports sign up
Bet £10 get £20 in free bets
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply.
What bookies in the UK have live streaming for F1?
There is nothing quite like watching Formula 1 races live. Unless you are able to visit the track itself, the next best thing is following the action on television. Unfortunately, unlike some other sports, you will not find any live streaming opportunities surrounding F1 with bookies in the UK. This is due to broadcasting rights. However, you may find useful in-play graphics and statistics that can potentially help you to pick a winner.
What are the biggest F1 races for betting?
The F1 calendar is jam-packed full of high-profile races. However, there are some that attract the interest of racing fans more than others. The first that springs to mind is the Monaco GP. Taking place on the streets of Monaco, the track is famously difficult to overtake on. Meanwhile, fans in the UK always enjoy watching the British GP, which is held at Silverstone. The first Las Vegas GP will be held in 2023.
What’s the most popular F1 race for UK punters?
A large number of bets are placed on the British Grand Prix. Held annually at Silverstone, the track is known to be of the toughest for the cars and drivers. As such, there are normally plenty of incidents. This makes for a good spectacle for bettors, especially those looking to take advantage of in-play F1 markets.
What teams are the best in the 2023 season?
When answering this question, there is only one team to discuss. Red Bull is a UK-based team that has dominated the 2023 season. Their two drivers are Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez, with the team having won the Constructors Championship in 2022, ending the dominance of Mercedes. The likes of Aston Martin, Ferrari and McLaren and Mercedes are Red Bull’s closest competitors.
What drivers are leading in points in the 2023 season?
2022 world champion Verstappen has dominated the 2023 season so far. The Dutch star had won 10 of the 12 races at the time of writing this page. He has a significant lead over his team mate Perez, with Alonso, Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc finding themselves hundreds of points behind.
Who were the previous Formula 1 Drivers’ Champions?
It is worth knowing which drivers have won the F1 Championship over recent years. Below, we have listed those who have come out on top over the last decade:
- 2013 – Sebastian Vettell (Red Bull)
- 2014 – Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2015 – Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2016 – Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
- 2017 = Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2018 – Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2019 – Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2020 – Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 2021 – Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- 2022 – Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
Our top 5 tips and F1 betting strategies
Given the competitive nature of the sport, there are no guarantees that you will make money from placing F1 bets. However, those who follow our top tips will give themselves the best possible chance of beating the bookies:
- Do your research – Before placing any bet, make sure that you have done your homework on the teams, drivers, circuit and other useful factors. Look at recent results, car alterations and the weather forecast in particular.
- Be responsible – Make sure that you only ever bet what you can afford to lose. The best way to ensure this is to set and stick to a budget. Never chase your losses!
- Watch live – Where possible, watch Formula 1 action live. This starts with practice sessions, which will give you a better idea of which drivers may be battling for a podium finish come race day.
- Take advantage of bonuses – There are bonuses for both new and existing members online today. So, keep an eye on the “Promotions” page of your chosen bookies. Just be sure to read the bonus T&Cs beforehand.
- Follow motor racing news – It is easy to find out about F1 online. You can read about driver changes, injuries and much more.
About the author
James is an experienced copywriter with over a decade’s worth of experience in the iGaming industry. He is an avid sports fan, following football, tennis, Formula 1 and golf in particular.
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
Check out all the best no deposit bonus sites and exactly how they work
The UK’s most trusted betting sites and what deals they’re offering now
Best betting apps with great sign up offers to use on sport this month
All the best free bets & sign up offers for punters right here
Source: Read Full Article