Best new online casinos for UK players in March 2023 | The Sun
LOOKING for a change of scenery in your online casino, or maybe just a new place to hit the reels? It’s always smart to shop around to see what else is out there. Maybe your current casino's bonus offers have slowed down to a trickle, or yousimply want somewhere that accepts a wider range of payment methods.
No matter what your reason is, registering at a new online casino means a brand new free welcome bonus, no deposit bonus, reload bonus, and more. But not all of the newest online casinos are created equal, so we did the research to root out the great newcomers from the not-so-great. Check out our list below, and we’ll guide you through the best new online casinos for UK players.
Top 10 new online casinos in the UK chosen by us
- Mr Q – best for bingo
- WinOMania – best for scratchers fans
- All British Casino – best for cashback
- Casushi – best for Megaways slots
- FruitKings – best rewards program
- Videoslots – best for classic casino fans
- HeySpin – best for casino and sportsbetting fans
- Amazon Slots – best slots library
- Aztec Wins – best no-frills gaming experience
- mr.play – best for sports promos
What features do we look for in a new UK casino
New online casinos are popping up like mushrooms on a seemingly daily or weekly basis. It can sometimes be hard to tell the good from the bad, which is why we devised a casino checklist with a number of must-haves. Here are the requirements that you'll find on our casino health check for the latest online casinos, in no particular order:
- Welcome offer package. It must be generous and rewarding – you should get a lot in return for your stake.
- Fair wagering requirements. Ideally, they should be 35x or lower.
- Casino bonuses. The bigger the better, and they have to be easy to claim, once you decide to make your wagers.
- Game library. A range of slots, jackpot slots, blackjack, roulette, craps, and other table games from top providers and software developers. If sports betting is also an option, we won't complain!
- Tournaments and competitions. A casino that makes the whole experience more exciting for its community of users by creating events that let them play against each other will easily score some points with us.
- Fast payouts. You must be able to get your cash from your wins quickly and through multiple payment methods. Withdrawals should be efficient and speedy.
- Customer service. If you encounter any difficulties on the site, you want to speak to someone reliable, who's available at all hours and is committed to security and fair play. There should be access to some form of client support at any time of day.
- App-first mobile casino. It's definitely an advantage if the latest new casino also comes with the option of using apps on both iOS or Android.
- Fun and easy. The site should be great to look at, in line with the latest trends, and a breeze to use.
- Safe and legal. The casino must be operated by a legit company under a reputable license and keep all your data and transactions secure.
A closer look at the best new online casinos
Our experts checked out each brand-new online casino for players in this country, going into a little more detail.
Mr Q Casino
MrQ Casino was established in 2018 and hosts a wide range of bingo games and online slots, that run on the Thunderkick software platform. The Lindar Media-owned website is distinctively modern, and is perfectly optimized for mobile play. Customer support is reachable via live chat, email and telephone. You get 20 free spins valued at 10p per spin as soon as you make your first deposit of at least £10.
- Holds a UKGC license
- Optimised for mobile
- Huge selection of bingo games
- Live chat not available 24/7
- No cash-match bonus
At WinOMania Casino, players can unlock exclusive games when they make their first deposit, while being rewarded with a match-up bonus of 100% up to the amount of £100 + 100 bonus spins. Here you’ll find plenty of games ranging from video slots to scratch cards, and anything and everything in between. WinOMania Casino is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.
- Accepts several different payment methods
- Lots of social media engagement and support
- Wager-free spins in welcome offer
- Higher wagering requirements
All British Casino
All British Casino will make you feel immediately patriotic, with everything from the name to the logo to the graphics on the site screaming Britain, Britain, Britain! You'll get 100% match-up bonus funds worth up to £100 when you sign up, plus there's 10% cashback that's always available for when you need to recoup some losses. All British features every kind of casino game you can think of, from tournament games to live casino to Slingo games. The banking options are very convenient and you should find yourself well catered to here.
All British Casino
- High value welcome offer
- Fair wagering requirements
- Plenty of fast payment options
- Telephone support not available 24/7
- Missing horse racing in the sportsbook section
- Wide range of payment options
- Lots of Megaways slot game titles on offer
- Very rewarding loyalty club for customers who stick around
- Tiny video poker section
Fruit Kings Casino
- Great selection of game providers
- Deposit bonuses go beyond the first welcome bonus
- Fantastic rewards program
- High wagering requirements
Video Slots Casino
- Deposits are well-rewarded
- Slots from all the best providers
- Satisfying range of live dealer games too
- Looks less modern than other operators
- Fun and interactive promos
- Huge range of casino games and slot games available
- Sportsbook bonus available for football fans
- Not the highest welcome bonus we've seen
Amazon Slots Casino
- A fun twist on the typical casino welcome bonus
- Licensed by UKGC and AGCC
- Thousands of slot games
- Very high wagering requirements
Aztec Wins Casino
Aztec Wins Casino
- Well-stocked promotion section
- Mobile-friendly platform
- Simple platform
- Fewer games than we've seen on other gambling sites
- Great choice of games from top providers
- Play anwhere site optimised for iOS and Android mobile phones and tablet devices
- Sports and casino promos available
- Not that many casino promotions
How we rated new casino sites UK
There are multiple factors that we take into consideration when rating and scoring UK new online casinos. Not scoring high on one item on the list doesn’t make it a bad online casino, and that’s because not all factors carry the same weight. For example, having a boring theme or layout isn’t as bad as unfair wagering requirements. Not having sportsbooks won't count against you either, although it doesn't hurt. Here’s how our expert team breaks things down for new casino sites online, and weights each category in the overall review:
- Welcome offer package and long-term promotions – 20%
- Wagering requirements and how difficult they are to fulfill – 20%
- Payout speed and payment providers – 20%
- Game library including game types and providers – 15%
- Mobile optimisation and/or app for iOS and Android – 15%
- Design, theme, colour palette, and user experience – 10%
All online casinos must obtain a license before offering gambling services. Some markets, like the UK, Sweden, Germany, Malta, and Italy have their own licences. That means that if a British casino wants to sign up players from the UK, it must first get a license from the UK Gambling Commission. There are a few countries without their own license, and in those places, operators with any license can target and register bettors. The easiest license to get is one from Curaçao. That’s why most new online casinos start with it and eventually pick up stricter licenses as they grow.
As a general rule, you can feel safe with an online betting site with a UK, Malta, Swedish, or German license. If the site only has a Curacao license then you should be a little more careful. Odds are that it's probably still a decent gambling site, but if things do go wrong, gamblers probably won’t find much legal support.
There’s absolutely no point gambling if you can’t easily withdraw your winnings. Your chosen casino must be plugged in to all the best payment choices. It’s the only way to get your hands on your funds quickly and cheaply. Most good casinos come with several options, including deposit-only methods like paysafecard. The most popular withdrawal methods are VISA and Mastercard, which can be plugged into a range of e-wallets like PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. Check out our in-depth articles about these payment methods to read more about payout times, fees, the minimum deposit amount required for each of these payment platforms, and more. Note for cryptocurrency fans – UKGC-licensed casinos generally do not offer the option to deposit or withdraw in Bitcoin, Ethereum or any other virtual currency.
The next thing to find out is how long it takes the new online casino to process your withdrawal. Three working days should be the max time allowed.
You signed up to the online casino for entertainment purposes – so the betting site chosen has to be entertaining. A strong online casino will offer slots, jackpot games, live casino or live dealer card games, poker, roulette, blackjack, baccarat, lottery, keno, bingo, and others.
That said, some sites will specialise in slots, cards, or poker, for example – not to mention the sheer volume of new bingo sites that there are in the UK. What’s really important is that the games on offer are top quality. Always check out the providers before playing. Companies like Pragmatic Play, Play’n GO, NetEnt Playtech, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, and Push Gaming always offer exciting and innovative gameplay.
Bonuses and promotions
Bonuses and promotions are what set online casinos apart from their brick-and-mortar counterparts. These exciting perks help you to make every deposit more rewarding, adding a range of free spins, bonus cash, free bets, and more to your gambling experience.
You’ll even get to experience a no-deposit bonus, which allows you to play for real just for creating a casino account, before you even make a money deposit and part with your cash. After that you can make your first deposit to get your hands on a free welcome bonus, reload bonus, deposit match bonus and so much more.
Top casinos will also have a loyalty club that rewards you as you play with free spins, bonus cash and all the rest. Your chosen site should also offer network promos, which offer massive cash prizes worth millions in conjunction with game providers.
Why should you trust a new casino?
Trying out a new casino is like trying a brand-new restaurant. It looks good, but you can’t be sure of what you’re going to get, and since the reviews aren't in yet, how will you know if you'll like it after registration?
Of course, there’s always a chance you won’t like the site. That’s why it’s always best to start out with a small deposit – just to test things out. Give yourself the best chance at a positive outcome by doing a little research. Check out the site’s casino license, game providers, promo terms, and payment providers before going ahead, and look out for some details that are the marker of a quality gambling website.
Comparison: old vs new
Old casinos are inherently more comforting. After all, if a gambling site has been successfully operating for several years, it’s got to be a good place to play – even if the graphics are a little old and tired. While there’s logic in that reasoning, it doesn’t mean that new online casinos are dangerous and risky. New businesses enter the market all the time, and if you look at things from the perspective of healthy competition and variety, it makes sense to consider a new casino.
While well-known brands offer the reassurance of a familiar logo, they often lack the energy and creativity of new UK casinos, and won't necessarily offer you the best casino experience. For a really exciting gaming experience, you might need to take a chance on one of the newer casino operators which come to the market bursting with new ideas.
The takeaway is that both old and new have their advantages and disadvantages, you simply need to weigh what’s most important to your gameplay.
Advantages of a new casino
New online casinos understand that the competition is tough out there. That’s why they launch ready and eager to please bettors with generous promos and bonuses and a low wagering requirement. In fact, you’ll find that new casinos often have a way more generous welcome package for the new player than well-known brands, often offering free spins on the latest software releases.
Loyalty clubs and VIP schemes are usually far more exciting at new casinos. Because they’re aware that they need to try harder, new casinos will add exciting benefits and a gamified experience to really immerse players in their casino play and make them fall in love with the brand.
In addition, there's far less gamification involved at older casinos, and since almost every modern piece of software has some element of gamification nowadays, the whole casino journey may fall flat for younger casino players. On the other hand, most of the time, new casinos are built on the latest tech. That means a brand new gambling platform that’s more flexible and capable of far more engaging features.
New casinos will generally launch with a high-functioning mobile app (downloadable from the App Store and Google Play) in mind from day one. This influences the user experience considerably, and adds a lot of excitement on-the-go. In contrast, older sites are adding an app almost as an afterthought, and they generally feel quite clunky.
New casino operators are hip to the latest payments technology, and you'll be able to cash out at your earliest convenience, using the deposit and withdrawal ways that you prefer.
How to open an account at new online casinos in the UK
Opening an account is a simple and straightforward process. If you’re being led around in circles, it’s a red flag to walk away from that casino site – there are many other fish in the sea. Here’s what you can expect when signing up at new online casinos in the UK:
- Do your research and find the right new online casino that fits your gambling style. Don't worry if you don't find one that doesn't tick all the boxes straight away – there's a perfect casino out there for anyone and everyone!
- Look through the terms on the promos and offers available to find out if they’re worth accepting.
- Register your account by providing a name, email address, and phone number. You might be asked to provide further information at the withdrawal stage for your own safety.
- Play your no-deposit bonus if it’s available – don't forget to check the playthrough rules to see which conditions you'll have to fulfill.
- Add your payment method in the cashier section, and opt-in or include the bonus code for the welcome offer if you want to play it.
Use your account settings to customise your profile and playing experience.
Quick facts about UK online casinos
It’s great to understand what the casino industry standard is. That way you have something to benchmark against when you’re considering a new site to gamble on. Here are some world and UK online casino facts:
- The online gambling industry is worth an estimated $56.05 billion.
- There are about 2,271 online casinos in the world.
- The average online casino has an estimated 1,371 games.
- The online gambling industry employs an estimated 106,000 people.
- The United Kingdom alone has about 1,500 online casinos.
- The United Kingdom is the largest market for online gambling, with an estimated 35% of the market.
- The United States has an estimated 500 online casinos, but very few states have legalised online gambling.
- The online gambling industry is growing at an estimated rate of 11.9% per year.
What to avoid when choosing a new casino
Here’s our red flag checklist of things to avoid when choosing a new casino. Even one of these should be enough to make you look elsewhere:
- High minimum bets
- High withdrawal limits
- High wagering requirements
- Strange gambling licenses
- Limited payment options
Everything you need to know is in the small print. Yes, terms and conditions are boring to read, but they contain all the information you need to make a smart decision, and it's better to give them a good read-through, just in case.
How often are new casinos launched in the UK?
You might not believe this, but about 300 new online casinos are launched worldwide every year. What’s more, is that a very large chunk of these casinos are open to UK players. It’s easy to find out. Simply scroll to the bottom of the casino’s lobby page, and look out for the United Kingdom Gambling Commission logo. If you find it, that means the site can legally accept players from the UK. At this rate, you certainly won't run out of options!
How can I check if a new online casino is licensed?
All online casinos are obliged to list the icons of their licensors on their websites. These are usually placed in the footer, or at the very bottom of the site. However, if you don’t trust that the site is being honest, it’s very easy to do a reverse search. UK players can only gamble on sites with a UKGC license. To check that the site is honest, simply visit https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/ and type in the online casino’s name in the search field. If the casino comes up on the list, it means that it’s a legal and safe gambling site.
Is it safe to bet at a new casino?
New casinos are perfectly safe to gamble at, as long as they're legal, fair and licensed. The first thing you should do is research the site. Read the terms and conditions, check out the minimum bet and wagering requirements, see that all data is encrypted, and confirm that they have a UKGC license. If the site checks all these boxes then there’s really nothing to worry about.
That being said, you must always remember that new casinos online tend to be smaller operations with smaller budgets. With a smaller budget casino you run the risk of having to be paid out in installments should you be lucky enough to hit on a really big win.
Do new casinos have better bonuses?
We've got to hand it to most brand-new online casinos – a lot of the time, they do have bigger and better bonuses. But this isn’t a hard and fast rule.
You should also pay attention to the terms and conditions that come along with bonuses at new casinos. They sometimes counteract their generosity by tacking on impossible wagering requirements that destroy any value in the offer, or tying them to specific slot machines that you don't have any interest in playing.
It's also possible that you can come across bonuses which sound great on paper, but are only available to players in other markets such as Canada or New Zealand.
In summary, you have a very good chance of finding a better bonus at a new online casino – but you should always check out the fine print.
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Source: Read Full Article