Foodie wows thousands with her quick. easy recipe for avocado fries
Your afternoon snack sorted: Foodie wows thousands with her quick and easy recipe for avocado fries – and they’re good for you too
- A foodie inspired thousands after sharing her quick, easy avocado fries recipe
- Cooking with Ayeh said fries don’t have to be deep-fried and unhealthy
- She makes the vegan fries with Panko breadcrumbs and her secret seasoning
- Thousands who saw the simple recipe said they would definitely be trying it out
A foodie has inspired thousands after sharing her quick and easy recipe for avocado fries, and she promises they’re good for you as well as being delicious.
Ayeh Far, who goes by the name Cooking with Ayeh on Instagram, said enjoying fries doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure.
If you fill them with avocado and season them with breadcrumbs and her secret seasoning, they can be vegan and healthy, as well as crunchy and delicious.
‘Just when you thought you couldn’t love avocados anymore, did you know that you can now turn them into crispy avocado fries?’ Ayeh posted.
Scroll down for video
A foodie has inspired thousands after sharing her quick and easy recipe for avocado fries, and she promises they’re good for you as well as being delicious (finished result pictured)
‘With avocados so cheap right now here in Australia, it’s the perfect time to try them. They’re also vegan and so fun to make!’
To replicate her avocado fries, Ayeh recommends you get your hands on some avocados, flour, milk, breadcrumbs, olive oil spray and her own ‘everything bagel seasoning’.
This seasoning requires white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, dried onion flakes, dried garlic granules, poppy seeds and sea salt.
‘The fries are great because they’re crispy on the outside, soft and creamy in the middle, which makes them the perfect snack!’ Ayeh wrote on her website.
You can either make them with an air fryer or in the oven, depending on how you like to cook.
Ayeh Far (pictured), who goes by the name Cooking with Ayeh on Instagram, said enjoying fries doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure
How to make the avocado fries at home
Ayeh said you can either make the fries in the oven or the air fryer (pictured)
One medium ripe avocado
Half a cup of Panko breadcrumbs
Quarter of a cup of plain flour
Quarter of a cup of almond milk
One tablespoon of ‘Everything Bagel Seasoning’ (three tablespoons of white sesame seeds, two tablespoons of black sesame seeds, two tablespoons of dried onion flakes, two tablespoons of dried minced garlic granules, two tablespoons of poppy seeds and two tablespoons of flaky sea salt)
Olive oil spray
Sprinkle of salt
Squeeze of lime
Favourite sauce for dipping (Ayeh uses vegan mayonnaise mixed with sriracha hot sauce)
To make in the air fryer
1. Cut the avocado in half, peel and remove the pit. Slice avocado in thick slices/wedges.
2. Create a dipping station with three separate bowls. One for the flour, one for the milk, and the third for the panko breadcrumbs and everything bagel seasoning combined.
3. One by one, coat avocado slices into the flour first, then dip into the milk, then back to the flour, and back to the milk.
4. Lastly, dip in the breadcrumb mixture and cover them well on all sides to make sure they’re completely coated.
5. Repeat the process for all the avocado slices.
6. Preheat your air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Farenheit.
7. Place avocado slices into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray the tops with olive oil and cook for 8-10 minutes.
8. Turn them around and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the second side is golden.
9. After air frying, sprinkle a little salt and accompany with your favourite dipping sauce.
To make in the oven
1. Repeat steps one to five from previous recipe.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Farenheit.
3. Place the avocado slices on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching. Spray the tops with olive oil and cook for 15-20 minutes until they are nice and golden and crispy.
4. Once baked, sprinkle a little salt and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Source: Cooking with Ayeh
When it comes to how to make the fries extra delicious, Ayeh has a few tips.
‘Double coating the avocado slices in the flour and milk mixture gets them super crispy without the need for any egg wash,’ she said.
She also recommends that you don’t over-crowd the oven or air fryer, so the fries aren’t touching and have plenty of room to get crispy.
She recommends that you don’t over-crowd the oven or air fryer, so the fries aren’t touching and have plenty of room to get crispy (pictured cooking)
Thousands who saw the simple recipe were impressed and said they couldn’t wait to replicate it for themselves at home.
‘Oh my God, I’ve got to try that,’ one commenter posted.
‘I bought an air fryer because of this recipe. Can’t wait to try it,’ another added.
Source: Read Full Article