Make your weekend extra special with Mrs Crunch's indulgent brunch recipes
BRUNCH is a brilliant way to start the weekend and you can make it an indulgent treat for your family to look forward to.
Here are three simple but tasty recipes to try.
Eggs Benedict with muffins – £2.35 a serving
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 8 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 8 rashers of bacon
- 4 English muffins, split
- 2 x 180g packets of Morrisons Hollandaise sauce
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Turn on the grill to heat up while you poach the eggs.
- To poach the eggs, fill a large saucepan with 7.5cm of water. Bring to a gentle simmer then add the vinegar.
- Carefully break the eggs into the simmering water and cook for 2½ to 3 minutes. The yolks should still be soft in the centre. Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and set on a warm plate.
- While the eggs are poaching, cook the bacon in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat and toast the muffin halves on a baking tray under the grill. Meanwhile, heat the Hollandaise sauce until warm, but not hot.
- Spread the toasted muffin halves with the softened butter and top each with a piece of bacon, followed by a poached egg.
- Place two of the muffin halves on each plate and drizzle with the Hollandaise sauce.
- Serve immediately with the spring onions.
TIP: SERVE with some steamed asparagus on the side.
Avocado on toast – 98p a serving
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- A big pinch chilli flakes
- 4 slices wholemeal or granary bread, toasted
- A good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the stones, then scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice then mash with a fork to your desired texture.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic granules and chilli flakes.
- Toast your bread, drizzle over the oil, then pile the avocado on top and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
TIP: IF you like, simply pop a poached egg on top to make it more of a meal than a snack
Buttermilk pancakes with blueberries – 70p a serving
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 150g plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 250ml buttermilk
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 80g blueberries
- Preheat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil and blueberries in a blender, then blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the oil to the pan and pour the batter in to form four small pancakes.
- Cook for about three minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Top with the blueberries, and serve.
TIP: YOU can add yoghurt with honey on the side to bring a bit more zing to your pancake.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article