Prince George sits in front seat as William drives him to Queen’s festive lunch
Prince George has arrived at Buckingham Palace ahead of the Queen's annual Christmas lunch.
The traditional feast is held annually to give the monarch an opportunity to spend time with her family before the holidays begin, particularly those who do not join her in Norfolk on December 25.
The young Prince, 6, was photographed arriving in the front passenger seat alongside his father, Prince William the Duke of Cambridge.
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate, was seen arriving in her own vehicle a short while after – with a cheeky Princess Charlotte grinning over her shoulder.
Prince Louis appeared to look a little overwhelmed as he stared out of the window at crowds.
Scandal-hit Duke of York Prince Andrew was among the first guests to arrive.
The Duke stepped down from all 230 of his patronages last month to protect the monarchy from further damage over his links to convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Sophie, Countess of Wessex, was also seen arriving alongside daughter Lady Louise Windsor, 16, shortly before Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall.
The Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward, followed shortly behind with son James, Viscount Severn, 12.
Princess Beatrice, Prince Charles and Camilla, were also among the family members arriving to join in on the fun.
The festive feast usually seats more than 50 family members and no official photographs are released from the event.
Last year, the Duchess of Sussex made her second attendance following her wedding to Prince Harry.
However, this year Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly set to miss the Queen's pre-Christmas parties as they remain overseas with baby Archie.
The royal couple are not expected to return to the UK until the New Year, according to reports.
The family are currently thought to be enjoying a six-week escape at an unknown location with Meghan's mum Doria Ragland.
Royal insiders insist the decision is not a 'snub' and say the Queen understands their absence, reports say.
Earlier this week, Jeffrey Epstein's former sex slave and Prince Andrew's accuser has raged against the Duke for putting his daughters "through hell" by "hanging around with paedophiles".
Virginia Roberts – née Giuffre – has accused Prince Andrew of having sex with her when she was 17 in a scandal which has rocked the Royal Family and taken a major toll on his daughters, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice, according to sources.
In a tweet, Mrs Roberts said she 'wouldn't wish that on anyone' and had 'no qualms with' the daughters the Prince shares with Sarah Ferguson.
The 35-year-old said: "I bet they’re going through hell, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
"I have no qualms with them. Their father should have thought about that before he decided to hang around known pedo’s [sic] and even participate in their abuse."
The scandal surrounding his friendship with paedophile billionaire Epstein and alleged sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell, and the public outcry over his car-crash interview with BBC Newsnight, means an uncertain future for the Princesses.
Their mother "will be worried" about how Andrew's dismissal from the Royal family "impacts their children’s future," a source who knows the family well told the Daily Beast.
Beatrice, 31, and Eugenie, 29, are understood to be standing by their dad but have become "deeply distressed" by the storm engulfing him.
"I can honestly say that the splendor of her wedding will be the last thing on Beatrice’s mind," the source told The Daily Beast.
"Eugenie and Beatrice are both genuinely really good kids and very close to both their parents. They have been through a hell of a lot and they have never turned on each other which is really pretty extraordinary when you think about it.
“The girls have both been not just reconciled to but have actually welcomed living more normal lives and having normal jobs for some time now, even if their parents have not. Say what you like about the Yorks, but the loyalty of that family is something to behold.”
Source: Read Full Article