Skin treatment left me with 3 degree burns, I thought I was disfigured forever
In a skin treatment gone wrong, a Bradford woman suffered third-degree burns on her face that were so severe doctors told her she might go blind.
When Farnaz Khan’s father Hadayat suffered a stroke in 2016 at the age of 61, the resulting stress meant that her skin broke out in acne and hyperpigmentation.
Farnaz spoke to a practitioner and was recommended a plasma treatment she hoped would clear her skin – but was left hospitalised after suffering third-degree burns.
She spoke exclusively to Daily Star about the emotional toll the burns had on her.
Making matters even worse, strangers would ogle her every time she left the house.
“I was severely depressed, my mum cried when she saw my face. I cried for months! I actually thought I was disfigured for life. It was scary, my anxiety went through the roof,” she told us.
“I stopped attending parties, events and weddings. I felt that every time I was out in public people would notice my face despite trying to cover it with camouflage make-up. The pigmentation was that bad it still showed through.
“Strangers looked shocked, horrified hence I couldn't go out as it would make me conscious that I'm drawing unwanted attention.
“Even with camouflage make it was still noticeable and I looked like I had two black eyes.”
Farnaz's father’s health was so bad he was bed-bound and required constant care.
She said that there were a lot of late nights and constant stress, which resulted in her skin being “terrible”.
“My skin was terrible, my eyes became really puffy and my confidence was at an all-time low, so I wanted to find something I could do to get it back,” she said.
“I was in pain throughout the treatment but the practitioner told me it was normal. The burning sensation continued afterwards but she just told me to take some paracetamol.
“I woke up the next morning and my whole face was sore and extremely swollen. By the evening I went to the hospital and had to stay there overnight”.
Farnaz was informed by doctors they were “extremely concerned” that she may lose her vision as a result of the burns – and was left with severe scarring on her face.
She explained: “My heart was broken, I thought I was disfigured for life. When my mum saw my face she broke down in tears.”
After being discharged from the hospital and narrowly escaping losing her sight, Farnaz continued to contact the skincare practitioner – who began dodging her calls.
“All I wanted was some help getting my face back to normal. I tried calling her for three weeks until eventually her husband reached out to me and told me to stop harassing his wife,” she shared.
“I couldn’t believe it, I was left completely alone to deal with huge dark spots and hyperpigmentation underneath my eyes.”
Farnaz explains that long-lasting damage meant that her skin became extremely sensitive, and most skincare products she used resulted in further breakouts and damaged her skin barrier.
She was determined to not give up though and she wanted to come up with a solution for her dark spots. So, she came up with her own formula.
“My skin was like cling film, I couldn’t even put makeup on without breaking out. I decided my skin needed a break from chemicals and started making my own oil with only natural ingredients,” Farnaz said.
“It turned out to be the best thing I could ever do. I spent months and the best part of a couple of grand on skincare products and something I made myself gave me my face back.
“I was excited and kicking myself at the same time. My family started asking to use my oil and it got rid of acne on my daughter, niece and my sisters.”
Farnaz went on to further develop her homemade oil and started her own skincare brand called SCX Global.
Her aim since starting the brand has been to help others like her with sensitive skin while also working with local food banks to provide meals for those in need.
SXC harnesses the power of nature to bring out the best in you with clean beauty products that are vegan and cruelty-free.
“My dad was passionate about helping people and that’s something he instilled in me. I lost my dad to COVID in 2020 after he’d been bed-bound for four years, and I promised him I would continue to honour him in heaven,” she said.
“We donate a minimum of three meals to those in need for every order and we’ve already donated hundreds of food packs and wheelchairs. I want to expand my business globally and help as many people as possible."
To find out more, visit the SXC Global website here.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article