An American middleweight stunned everyone on Fight Island with an 18-second knockout on his UFC debut
- An American fighter called Phil Hawes scored a quick-fire 18-second knockout Saturday on Fight Island.
- Hawes threw a barrage of punches at Jacob Malkoun's face, never ceasing until his opponent was motionless on the floor.
- It was a brutal but brilliant win for the UFC debutant Hawes.
- And you can see it right here.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
FIGHT ISLAND — An American middleweight stunned everyone on Fight Island with an 18-second knockout on his UFC debut Saturday.
Phil Hawes, 31, left little time to even break into a sweat as he defeated his 185-pound opponent in lightning-quick fashion, prompting the UFC commentary crew of Daniel Cormier and Jon Anik to react wildly.
Hawes hit Jacob Malkoun with a barrage of heavy hits from the start, refusing to cease fire until he had his man face down on the canvas.
Insider was sat press row at the Flash Forum in Abu Dhabi and could see Malkoun lay motionless for an uncomfortable amount of time, unbeknownst to Hawes who was celebrating rambunctiously around the Octagon.
It was a win as brutal as it was brilliant for Hawes.
Watch it here:
And see Cormier and Anik react here:
With victory, Hawes advanced his pro MMA record to nine wins (seven knockouts and two submissions) against two losses.
Source: Read Full Article