When are EFL play-offs 2021/22? Championship semi-finals CONFIRMED, League One and League Two dates
THE EFL has reached its business end as teams look to secure those promotion places.
And as every year, in each of the three divisions, four teams will compete in the play-offs with only one earning promotion in the Wembley finals.
Brentford were last year's play-off winners after a comfortable 2-0 victory over Swansea at Wembley.
When are the EFL play-off finals?
The dates for each of the EFL play-off finals have been confirmed andwill take place across two weeks.
The League One final will be played a week before the League Two and Championship finals as Wembley is unavailable on the Bank Holiday Monday of May 30.
The reason for this is the Uefa-Conmebol Finalissima, which will see European Champions Italy take on Copa America winners Argentina at the national stadium on Wednesday, June 1.
Confirmed EFL play-off final dates:
- League One play-off final – Saturday, May 21
- League Two play-off final – Saturday, May 28
- Championship play-off final – Sunday, May 29
READ MORE FROM THE EFL
Liverpool to sign Carvalho with Fulham to replace winger with Manor Solomon
Lansbury going for FOURTH Premier League promotion as Luton chase dream
When are the EFL play-off semi-finals?
Dates for the EFL play-off semi-finals are as follows:
- Luton vs Huddersfield Town (7.45pm) – Friday, May 13
- Huddersfield Town vs Luton (7.45pm) – Monday, May 16
- Sheffield United vs Nottingham Forest (3pm) – Saturday, May 14
- Nottingham Forest vs Sheffield United (7.45pm) – Tuesday, May 17
- Wycombe vs MK Dons (7.45pm) – Thursday, May 5
- MK Dons vs Wycombe (6.30pm) – Sunday, May 8
- Sunderland vs Sheffield Wednesday (7.45pm) – Friday, May 6
- Sheffield Wednesday vs Sunderland (7.45pm) – Monday, May 9
- 7th vs 4th (7.45pm) – Saturday, May 14
- 4th vs 7th (7.45pm) – Wednesday, May 18
- 6th vs 5th (12pm) – Sunday, May 15
- 5th vs 6th (7.45pm) – Thursday, May 19
Do the EFL play-offs have away goals?
The EFL play-offs do NOT have away goals.
The rule was scrapped in 1999 after third placed side Ipswich were beaten by sixth placed Bolton on away goals.
Most read in Sport
Ronaldo & Georgina reveal name for baby girl as they post heartwarming pics
England footie ace in £30k blackmail plot after bedding £150 trans escort
Phil Foden buys £2.85m home — near Wayne Rooney’s old house
Man City weighing up incredible Paul Pogba move from bitter rivals Man Utd
Source: Read Full Article