I’m A Celebrity castle under construction as new pics give early glimpse

I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! fans can get an early look at this year's camp, which is currently under construction at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, Wales.

The 19th century estate has been pictured buzzing with workers as the ITV crew prepare it for the show, in photos shared with North Wales Live.

There is "emergency work" happening on the castle and its grounds to make sure it's safe for when filming begins in the coming weeks.

Some sections of the building have had temporary roofs and extra wooden structures built for the show.

The images show cranes and other construction vehicles dotted around to make sure everything is ready for the launch.

It appears that ITV has put up other marquees and tents too, possibly to house crew members on their production shifts.

There is also another large white building in the grounds of the castle, which may be used for Bushtucker Trials.

The pictures show the new structures surrounded by golf courses, though it won't be sporting challenges this year's celebrities undertake.

Founder of the Gwrych Castle Preservation Trust Dr Mark Baker told the Rhyl Journal: "I'm not sure how similar it will be [in terms of insects and the bushtucker trials]. Whether they will try something new, old favourites or a mix of both.

"I don't know if the challenges are going to be elsewhere, just because of the pandemic and keeping in bubbles.

  • I'm A Celeb castle rumoured to be guarded from intruders by ex Royal Marines

  • First look at renovation of I'm A Celeb's 'haunted' Gwrych Castle captured in drone shots

"What is really good about the castle is that it is accessible off the A55 and can act as a really good bubble. It is all enclosed and really locked down."

And a second location has been confirmed for the show – Manorafon Farm – which is home to a reptile house, suggesting viewers will still see the camp mates getting to grips with some of the usual critters.

  • Katie Price eyes up third I'm A Celebrity stint with new man Carl Woods

  • Ant and Dec 'fought' to move I'm A Celeb to north east England but lost to Wales

ITV boss Kevin Lygo previously spoke of the excitement around this year's series, despite not being filmed in Australia as usual.

He said: "We had booked most of our celebs, we were worried they thought they were going to hot, sunny, bug-infested Australia and now they are going to north Wales in the dark, but everyone is still there and excited.

"I certainly didn't want a year without I'm a Celebrity, it's a premier, wonderful thing that has done so well."

Meanwhile, hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly are already scoping out their new surroundings.

The Geordie duo shared a snap of them in North Wales after arriving the local lockdown hitting Conwy from 6pm on Friday.

I'm A Celeb kicks off on ITV later this year

Source: Read Full Article