Katie Price SNUBBED by I’m A Celebrity as bosses brand her ‘not suitable for family show’
KATIE Price's efforts to land a spot on the upcoming All-Stars edition of I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! have been scuppered.
ITV bosses have decided Katie, 43, is 'not suitable for a family show' given all the dramas that have surrounded her of late.
An insider told The Sun: "There is no doubt that Katie makes great TV and was one of the standouts on I'm A Celeb over the years, but she is too much of a liability for the show to cast her in the All-Stars version.
"Given her pending court case, as well as her existing convictions, the series can't be seen to endorse her by inviting her back into the jungle.
"Ultimately this show has a very broad audience and a lot of younger viewers, and right now, she isn't a suitable contestant for a family show.
"Of course this may change in the future when there has been some distance from all the legal dramas, but as it stands currently, ITV don't think it would be appropriate – even though they know she would deliver ratings gold."
Read more on Katie Price
Katie Price reveals brand new hairdo before relaxing with her adorable pets
Katie Price is building light-up room for son Harvey in Mucky Mansion
When contacted by The Sun, an ITV spokesperson said: "At this point, all casting suggestions are purely speculation".
So far, Gillian McKeith, Caitlyn Jenner, Helen Flanagan and Stacey Solomon are all in the frame to appear in the spin-off.
Katie has made no secret of the fact she is desperate to land a spot on the much anticipated all stars show.
She appeared on the show in 2004, where she fell in love with now ex-husband Peter Andre.
Most read in I’m A Celebrity
Helen Flanagan in talks to appear in I’m A Celebrity’s All Stars series
I'm A Celebrity legend in talks for huge comeback on 2022 All Star series
I'm A Celebrity 2022 line-up: rumours so far
I’m A Celeb to bring back ex campmates for spin-off show in South Africa
She then made another appearance in 2009, but quit after just a week because she was voted to do every bushtucker trial.
But recently she took to her instagram stories to campaign to get herself back on the long-running hit.
Katie screenshotted an article which detailed the news of a spin-off I'm A Celeb set to be filmed in South Africa this year.
"Yes, get me in," she captioned the post to her Instagram stories, hinting to ITV that she's keen to get involved.
A source told The Sun last month thatKatie got "straight on the phone" to the broadcaster as she's "desperate to go back".
"As soon as she knew it was happening Katie was straight on the phone to ITV," the insider exclusively told The Sun.
But while Katie is keen, her turbulent private life has put the brakes on her ambitions with the powers that be.
The mum of five was warned she was in danger of going to prison last month when she appeared in court over a 'gutter s**g' text she sent to her ex Kieran Hayler about his fiancee Michelle Penticost.
While at the court hearing, Katie faced more legal hot water as she filmed a video of herself in the building at Crawley Magistrates' Court.
Everything you need to know about Katie Price
- What is Katie Price's net worth?
- How many times has Katie Price been married?
- How many children does Katie Price have?
- Where does Katie Price live?
- What cosmetic surgery has Katie Price had?
- Where does Harvey Price live now?
- What is Harvey Price's disability?
- Who is Harvey Price's dad?
- Why did Katie Price and Peter Andre split?
- Who is Katie Price's mum Amy?
Click here to read all of our latest Katie Price news…
It was filmed at Crawley Magistrates' Court, where Katie denied sending the text to Kieran aboutMichelle Penticost.
It is a criminal offence to take photos or videos in a courtroom, the court building or its precincts.
The case has a trial preparation hearing on May 25 and Katie is currently on bail and banned from contacting Michelle, who has a restraining order against her.
Katie was slapped with the five-year order in 2019 after she called Michelle a "f***ing c***" during a tirade at the school gates.
She was forbidden from contacting Michelle "directly or indirectly".
In December, Katie was also handed a 16-week suspended jail sentence and was banned from driving for two years.
Read More on The Sun
I worked at Yankee Candle – many don’t know our ‘jar for jar’ policy
McDonald’s brings back £2 wrap deal, salads & McCafé iced drinks
She admitted drink driving while disqualified and without insurance after crashing her vehicle near her Sussex home in September 2021.
Katie has been attending community service at a Sussex crisis charity.
Source: Read Full Article