Take a look inside the luxury bunkers being built under the elite's mansions
If you didn’t already think we were living in increasingly dystopian times, this is about to change your mind.
A Swiss company called Oppidum Bunkers, set up to create luxury underground bunkers for the elite, has unveiled its new L’ Heritage fortified underground residences for ‘the most powerful individuals in the world’.
The 1,000 square metre structures are designed to go underneath mansions and are apparently ‘optimised for super-luxury everyday lifestyle, while prepared for all surface threats’.
The high-tech bunkers descend 15 metres below ground and feature an airlock that has been fully equipped as a decontamination chamber, an indoor garden, a fitness space, comfortable living and sleeping areas and a private art gallery – which can be seen through an opaque-to-transparent wall and has bank-vault level security.
The airlock is guarded by two blast doors, with the outer door controlled by a multi-biometric reader that simultaneously scans face, iris, palm and fingerprints.
An optional armoury can be installed and you can sleep easy knowing the structure is built to NATO-standard ballistic and blast protection levels, using high-density concrete with the same formulation used to build nuclear power plants.
‘Our vision at Oppidum is to build the world’s most beautiful and secure contemporary fortified residences,’ Jakub Zamrazil, Oppidum founder and chief executive officer, explained.
‘They are places of serenity and absolute safety for owners and their families.
‘We are privileged to offer our clients the highest levels of service, creating beautiful places that will protect them, and their legacy, for generations to come.’
Jakub said that Oppidum takes an ‘optimistic view’ of the world, but believes it’s ‘wise’ to be prepared for unforeseeable and unpreventable events.
‘In an uncertain world, an Oppidum provides peace of mind,’ he said.
‘It is a place of strength that enables our clients to preserve and protect what matters most.’
The main features of the bunker include NASA-level technology which allows stocks of nutritious food to be stored for months or even years, an inner garden, a medical room, high ceilings and opulent custom-made furniture.
According to Oppidum, access to the spacious underground garage, known as the Parc Fermé and guarded by an internal security gate, is via a hydraulically actuated ramp set into the ground so as to be almost invisible.
The secret gallery is extremely secure, meeting the strictest insurance company criteria.
In the ‘inner garden,’ flowers and plants are sustained by sophisticated automatic irrigation.
Through full-light spectrum simulation, the sun rises and sets and the seasons change in the skylight overhead.
Bunkers also include swimming pools as well as exercise machines and equipment.
An Oppidum has two independent air filtration units. The primary unit is designed for ordinary peacetime use. The secondary unit is a military grade chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) system.
An Oppidum is fully airtight and gastight and can be completely isolated from the outside atmosphere if required.
Bunkers feature two independent air filtration units, an ordinary one and a military grade one, both of which are equipped with a CO2 removal system and an auxiliary oxygen supply that provides breathable air when there is insufficient or no fresh air entering the building.
Water is supplied from deep underground by a private well, entirely independent of the public supply.
In case of a power outage, blackout or instability in the grid, the power system seamlessly switches to one of its multiple fail-safe alternative power sources, including twin diesel generators and back-up batteries.
Marc Prigent, principal architect and designer of Oppidum L’héritage, added that Oppidum is an ‘extraordinary technical and professional challenge, entirely beyond any brief we have previously received for a secure space.’
He said: ‘Every project is conceived, designed and realised without compromise to be worthy of our clients, the most powerful individuals in the world.
‘Concealed underground within their own domain, it is a place of absolute purpose, engineering integrity and state-of-the-art technology that also offers a beautiful, elegant and entirely personalised living environment.’
Oppidum’s bunkers are available in the EU, UK, USA and UAE.
Luxury bunker features
- NASA-level technology
- Store rooms with long-lasting and nutritious foods
- Separate medical room with secure storage
- Underground garage, known as the Parc Fermé and guarded by an internal security gate, with an almost invisible hydraulically actuated ramp set into the ground for access
- Airlock and decontamination chamber featuring blast doors controlled by a multi-biometric reader that simultaneously scans face, iris, palm and fingerprints
- Entrance hall
- Five metre high ceilings featuring hand-crafted glass chandeliers
- Custom-made furniture
- Private art gallery behind a safety wall that can become transparent, featuring state-of-the-art fire protection, ventilation, temperature and humidity control systems
- Garden that uses sophisticated automatic irrigation and full-light spectrum simulation
- Swimming pool with saltwater or freshwater
- High-spec exercise machines
- Home cinema
- Family living area
- Two independent air filtration units – an ordinary unit for peacetime and a military grade chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) system
- CO2 removal system and auxiliary oxygen supply that provides breathable air when there is insufficient or no fresh air entering the building
- Fully airtight and gastight
- A unique high-pressure air reserve and internal circulation so occupants can breathe normally and safely
- Water from a private well
- Twin diesel generators and back-up batteries in case of a power outage
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article