'The Pioneer Woman' Ree Drummond’s Triple Chocolate Tiramisu Recipe
If you’re looking for a sweet pick-me-up, this recipe is sure to brighten your day. Here’s The Pioneer Woman star Ree Drummond’s triple chocolate tiramisu recipe.
- 5 large egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup Marsala wine
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese, softened at roomtemperature
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 ½ cups brewed espresso or very strong coffee,cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- One 7-ounce package savoiardi or ladyfingers
- 2 cups halved strawberries
- 1 square semisweet chocolate, for grating
- Chocolate curls, recipe follows, for topping
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
View this post on Instagram
Its kinda hard to tell what my right claw is stirring here, so I'll just end the suspense and tell ya. It's pour-over icing for Mississippi Mud Cake, which I'm delivering to Pastor Ken on my @foodnetwork show tomorrow! I'm also taking a tart to my good friend Beth, carting some cookies to Coach Hennesy, and dropping off a chocolate fridge roll to Kurtess, our manager at @pwmercantile. I'm communicating my appreciation with CHOCOLATE tomorrow. See you on the teevee at 10 ET/9 CT!
1. In a saucepan, bring some water to a boil, then reducethe heat to a simmer. Have ready 2 mixing bowls that will fit over the top ofthe pan but not sink all the way in.
2. Put the egg yolks in one of the mixing bowls off heat.Add ¼ cup of the sugar and whisk until the yolks start to turn pale. Place themixing bowl over the saucepan with the simmering water. Slowly add ½ cup of theMarsala wine and whisk to combine. Cook over the simmering water until thick,using a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl, about 5 minutes. Cover with plasticwrap and refrigerate until cool.
3. Put the white chocolate in the second bowl and melt overthe pan of water. Set aside to cool.
4. Put the mascarpone in a bowl and stir until smooth. Pourin the cooled white chocolate and mix to combine.
5. Combine the cream and remaining ¼ cup sugar in a mixerand whip until not quite stiff. Add the mascarpone-white chocolate mixture andchilled egg yolk mixture to the bowl of whipped cream and fold gently. Coverwith plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
6. Put the brewed espresso, vanilla and remaining ¼ cupMarsala in a bowl or measuring cup. Arrange about a third of the ladyfingers ina single layer in a 9-by-13-inch pan. Spoon a small amount of the coffeemixture over each ladyfinger (keep it under 1 tablespoon per cookie and you’llbe fine). Plop one-third of the cold cream mixture on top and spread it into alayer. Make a layer of one-third of the halved strawberries and grate over somesemisweet chocolate. Repeat the layers 2 more times.
7. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving;this allows for more moisture to soften the cookies and the whole mixture tomeld together. To serve, spoon out helpings onto individual plates. Top withChocolate curls.
View this post on Instagram
First photo, I'm happily cooking on the new season of my @foodnetwork show, which premieres Saturday morning at 10 Eastern/9 Central! Second photo, I kind of look like Mary Katherine Gallagher from SNL ("Sometimes…when I get nervous…?) Third photo, we're back on message! It's the "Healthyish" fruity ice cream I'm making on Saturday's show, and you're gonna love it. Here's to a new season, a bunch of fun new shows, and ice cream that won't fill you with guilt. Who the heck needs that? ? See ya on the teevee!
8. Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl with the vegetableshortening and microwave until melted and hot, 30 to 45 seconds. Stir tocombine.
9. Pour the melted chocolate mixture onto the underside of aclean baking sheet and then spread it in a very thin layer with an offsetspatula or knife. Put in the freezer for a few minutes.
10. After a few minutes, check to see if it is set bypressing with your fingertip; it should leave the slightest mark but not adepression. Using a sharp-edged spatula, begin to scrape the chocolate from thebottom of the baking sheet–it will curl. Transfer the curls to a cold pan orplate and put in the freezer to harden. Store in the freezer in a ziptop baguntil needed.
Note from Ree Drummond: Tiramisu does not last beyond 24 to36 hours, as everything eventually starts to break down and become soupy.
Read more: ‘ThePioneer Woman’ Ree Drummond’s Chocolate Sheet Cake Recipe
Check out Showbiz Cheat Sheet onFacebook!
Source: Read Full Article