Coronavirus updates LIVE: Northern beaches COVID-19 cluster grows amid fears of new cluster in Sydney’s CBD
- NSW reported nine new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 on Thursday. Seven were linked to the Avalon cluster, and two others remain under investigation. A record 60,184 tests were reported to 8pm on Wednesday.
- The northern beaches have been split into two regions. Households north of Narrabeen Bridge remain in lockdown, while the rest will be able to have visitors from other parts of Sydney.
- NSW Health is investigating a new potential cluster associated with a Sydney CBD bar.
- A superyacht has been roped off on the Cairns waterfront as authorities try to trace a source of infection among the group’s crew.
More venues added to NSW Health's alert list
On Thursday night, NSW Health added new venues to its list of those visited by confirmed cases of COVID-19, including places in the inner west, north shore and northern beaches.
There are also revisions to times, dates and advice for previously announced venues. Those venues are listed below, or a full list can be here found on the NSW Health website.
Anyone who attended the following venues at these times is considered a close contact, and must immediately get tested and isolate for 14 days, regardless of whether a negative result is received:
Glorietta Restaurant and Bar Upper Ground Floor, 100 Mount St, North Sydney Wednesday 16 December 12pm – 12.45pm.
Massage Link 122/138 Flood St, Leichhardt, Friday 18 December 12.30pm – 1.15pm
Anyone who attended the following venues at these times is a casual contact who must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received:
Local Bar Café 729 Darling St, Rozelle Wednesday 16 December 8.30 am – 9.30am, Thursday 17 December 8.30 am – 9.30am, Friday 18 December 8.30 am – 9.30am, Saturday 19 December 8.30 am – 9.30am, Sunday 20 December 8.30 am – 9.30am
Darling Quarter Food Court 156 Darling Dr, Sydney Thursday 17 December 5pm – 6pm
Mr Café & Bar Shop 11/418 Darling St, Balmain Thursday 17 December 9-10am
Marketplace Leichhardt 100/122-138 Flood St, Leichhardt Saturday 19 December 2pm – 2.30pm
Ruby's Diner Shop 1 & 2 179, 173 Bronte Rd, Waverley Thursday 17 December 10am – 10.30am
IGA Rozelle 649 Darling St, Rozelle Thursday 17 December 8.25am – 8.35am
Hotel Steyne 75 The Corso, Manly Thursday 17 December 3pm to 7pm
Anyone who attended the following venues at these times should monitor for symptoms and immediately get tested and isolate if they appear. If further symptoms appear, isolate and get tested again:
ServiceNSW Warriewood Square 12 Jackson Road, Warriewood Tuesday 15 December 1.25pm – 2.05pm
Bistro, Hornsby Railway Hotel 31 Station St, Hornsby Thursday 17 December 6pm – 6.30pm
Please note that the health advice, dates or times have changed for the following venues:
Rowland Reserve Dog Park, Pittwater Road, Bayview Wednesday 16 December 4pm to 5pm
Anyone who attended at this date and time is considered a casual contact and should monitor for symptoms and if symptoms occur, get tested and self-isolate.
Bunnings Belrose, Austlink Park Niangala Cl, Belrose Saturday 12 December 12pm to 1pm
Anyone who attended at this date and time should monitor for symptoms and if symptoms occur, get tested and self-isolate.
Anytime Fitness Berowra 25-29 Turner Road, Berowra Wednesday 16 December 5.30am to 6.30am Thursday 17 December 5.30am to 6.30am
Anyone who attended should get tested and self-isolate for 14 days regardless of the result.
BodyFit Gym 27 Sackville Street, Blacktown Wednesday 16 December 7am to 8.15am, Thursday 17 December 7am to 8.15am, Friday 18 December 7am to 8.15am
Anyone who attended on these dates and times should get tested and self-isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result.
Kirribilli Club 11 Harbourview Crescent, Kirribilli Monday 14 December 12pm to 3pm
Anyone who attended at this date and time should get tested and self-isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result.
Kirribilli Hotel 35-37 Broughton Street, Kirribilli Thursday 17 December 12:45pm to 3pm
There are more than 320 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week and will remain open on Christmas Day and all public holidays.
To find your nearest clinic visit, click here or contact your GP.
People asked to to ‘limit mobility’ during Christmas
Let's start with a quick recap of some of the major developments from Thursday:
- NSW recorded nine new locally acquired cases. Seven were linked to the Avalon cluster, but another cluster, linked to office workers in the Sydney CBD, added new cases too.
- NSW residents lined up to take more than 60,000 tests, the most ever taken in a day anywhere in the country.
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian asked people to ‘limit mobility’ during the Christmas break.
- People on the northern beaches, who are advised to stay at home, went shopping in large numbers at Warringah mall and against NSW Health advice. Some were seen sitting and eating in the food court after centre management security put seats and tables out "in error".
- Victorians were advised not to “hug and kiss” anyone from NSW.
- The Northern Territory revoked its hotspot declarations for most of Sydney, except for people on the northern beaches.
Merry Christmas from the middle of a pandemic
Merry Christmas everyone!
We're sure there are many, many things you'd rather be doing this December 25 than tuning in to our live coronavirus coverage – but the pandemic isn't taking a break for Santa, so neither are we.
So open your presents, grab a slice of pav, and stick with us throughout the day as we bring you the latest developments as they happen. We're expecting an update on coronavirus case numbers in NSW mid-morning, as has been the case throughout the week.
Also, our comment moderators are taking a well-earned break on Christmas Day, so unfortunately you won't be able to have your say on today's blog. But they'll be back on Boxing Day when we'll open comments again.
There are more than 320 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week.
Testing clinics in NSW will remain open on Christmas Day, and all public holidays. You can find your nearest testing clinic here.
Most Viewed in National
Source: Read Full Article