Man U's £37m star Amad Diallo at centre of 'illegal immigrant probe' over claims 'his bogus dad gained him false entry'

MAN United’s £37million new wonderkid Amad Diallo is at the centre of an illegal immigrant probe over claims of his 'bogus' father gained him false entry to Italy.

Midfielder Diallo, 18, was snapped up by United on transfer deadline day last week from Italian club Atalanta.


Diallo, 18, and his brother Hamed, 20, moved to Italy more than six years ago from the Ivory Coast and settled in the northern Italian city of Parma.

But in July prosecutors there launched an investigation after being tipped off the couple who claimed to be their parents, and who had brought them over from Africa into Italy on a family visa, were not related to them.

It has also emerged as part of the investigation the two may not even be brothers.

While neither of the two youngsters are under investigation for criminality themselves, the Italian FA is also looking into how they came into the country and Diallo could be suspended  from playing football.

Both brothers came to Italy from the Ivory Coast on a family visa and used the surname Traore but now Amad is calling himself Diallo. His brother Hamed plays for another  Italian club Sassuolo.

Five people have been questioned by police in Parma and they have been named as Bly Blaise Tehe, 56, Marina Edwige Carine Teher, 41, Zadi Gildas Abou, 42 and Larissa Ghislaine Teher, 39.

The key suspect is Hamed Mamadou Traore, 45, who is said to be the father of the boys while Marina claims to be their mother.

Both brothers have been questioned by police under an Italian law known as ''persons infomed of the facts'' but as both were under 18 at the time of the alleged wrongdoing they can face no charge.

Prosecutors are looking at a charge of ''facilitating and favouring illegal immigration'' for the five suspects and DNA tests have been carried out as part of the probe, while several properties have also been searched.

'LENGTHY INVESTIGATION'

Parma chief prosecutor Alfonso D'Avino told The Sun on Sunday: ''This has been a lengthy and complex investigation with many elements.

"It focuses on an allegation that false paperwork may have been used to bring the two brothers into Italy.

''We have a system in this country where family members can come into the country on a family visa and that's how both brothers came here ten years ago on a family visa from the Ivory Coast.

''However we have since had information that the people who claim to be their parents may not in fact be their parents and they may not even be brothers.

''We are examining family records and documents and have carried out several searches. I'm not prepared to say anything about DNA at this stage as the investigation is still ongoing.

''What is important to underline is that neither of the brothers are suspected of any criminality as they would both have been minors – it is the people who brought them into Italy on a family visa that are being investigated.

''Once the investigation is complete we will decide whether to bring criminal charges and we will also send our file to the Italian FA procurator who will decide if any sporting sanctions should be imposed.

''I am aware of his transfer to Manchester United but I'm not sure if Manchester United are aware of our investigation.''

A spokesperson for the Italian FA said:''We have launched an investigation into this case and any infringement of the sporting code will lead to disciplinary action against both players.''

Source: Read Full Article