Pub beer garden 'explosion' leaves three in hospital

AN 'EXPLOSION' in a pub beer garden yesterday has left three people in hospital.

Two women and a man reportedly suffered serious burns when a camping stove exploded at the King's Head pub in Great Cornard near Sudbury, Suffolk.


Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service dispatched two crews to the scene just before 10pm on Saturday night, reports East Anglian Times.

A statement from Suffolk police released afterwards said: "It is believed the fire was the result of an explosion involving a small camping stove."

Three people were taken to hospital to be treated for injuries.

Police were still on the scene in the early hours of the morning and a cordon has been put in place.

The pub put a notice on social media, saying it would be shut for the day and was working closely with the authorities.

The King's Head tweeted: "We're closed today following an incident last night.

"We're working closely with the police and authorities.

"Our thoughts and prayers are will those injured.

"Anyone with any information relating to the incident should contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting ref 398 of 24/04/2021."


More to follow…

For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online.

Thesun.co.uk is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click here. 

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.

    Source: Read Full Article