Sara Sharif update as 'murdered' girl's dad flies back to Britain from Pakistan after surrendering to cops | The Sun

SARA Sharif's dad is reportedly flying back to Britain from Pakistan after surrendering to cops weeks after the schoolgirl's death.

Little Sara, 10, was found dead at her home in Woking, Surrey, on August 10.

Her dad Urfan Sharif, 41, and partner Beinash Batool, 29, had already fled the UK for Pakistan.

A post-mortem examination found she had suffered "multiple and extensive injuries" over a "sustained and extended" period of time.

Urfan and Batool left Britain with his brother Faisal Malik and five children aged between one and 13, before reportedly going into hiding.

Surrey Police want to question the trio over Sara's death, with cops saying no one else is being sought in connection with her alleged murder.

Read More UK News

Toddler, 2, would go for walks holding her mum’s hand before pond ‘murder’

Woman detained under Mental Health Act after arrest for ‘murder’ of girl, 2

They travelled an Emirates flight today from Sialkot in the Punjab to Dubai.

The trio are due to transfer from Dubai to London Gatwick – where they are due to land this evening.

Sources in Pakistan report that they surrendered to authorities in order to be allowed to return to the UK, following negotiations through a lawyer.

Sialkot police spokesperson Khan Mudassir said three people had been arrested and flown to the UK, the Associated Press reported.

Most read in The Sun


Liam Payne rushed to hospital for emergency care after being left in agony


Toddler, 2, found floating in pond is named as woman arrested


Woman & man found dead at home in quiet village as cops launch urgent probe


Ant McPartlin’s ex breaks her silence after £5m mansion goes up in flames

He said the three were handed over to the Federal Investigation Agency, which flew them to Britain from Sialkot in eastern Punjab province.

Surrey Police said on Tuesday that they were working to secure the safe return of Sara's five siblings from Pakistan after a court ruled the children would be temporarily moved to a government childcare facility.

The force said it had been working with Surrey County Council and international authorities after the Pakistani court made the ruling.

It is unclear where the children will ultimately be sent or for how long they may be kept in the facility.

The children, aged between one and 13 years old, travelled to Pakistan on August 9 with Mr Sharif, Ms Batool and Mr Malik.

The children were carried by family members into court for around 40 minutes on Tuesday before being moved to another court as authorities tried to decide on their next steps, the BBC reported.

Sara's grandfather Muhammad Sharif told the BBC he had been hiding the children in his home, but did not specify for how long.

Here is how events have unfolded since Sara Sharif’s body was found:

  • August 17 – Sara Sharif's body found with "multiple and extensive" injuries after her dad Urfan calls 999 from Pakistan
  • August 19 – international manhunt launched as Surrey Police name Sara's father, stepmother and uncle in connection with her death
  • August 23 – uncle claims Sara "fell down the stairs and broke her neck" before family denies making statement
  • August 29 – inquest hears that Sara's death "likely to be unnatural"
  • September 6 – Sara's stepmother says family wants to "fight our case in court"
  • September 7 – Pakistani cops raid 20 homes in Jhelum and Mirpur to draw out Sara's relatives
  • September 9 – cops detain ten close relatives of Sara to put pressure on Urfan
  • September 11 – cops recover five children thought to have travelled to Pakistan with Urfan
  • September 13 – Urfan and Sara's uncle and stepmother thought to be returning to UK

Source: Read Full Article