Student fears he 'could have been killed' after hair dye patch test'
Student, 27, fears he ‘could have been killed’ after hair dye patch test ‘left him with third degree burns’
- Jack Valentine said by the second morning he was in ‘unbearable pain’
- He claimed it ‘felt like hundreds of maggots’ were crawling under his skin
- Warning: graphic photographs below
A law student feared he ‘could have been killed’ after a hair dye patch test left him with third-degree burns.
Jack Valentine, 27, claimed he could have gone into ‘anaphylactic shock’ after he tried the Just For Men’s Shampoo-in-colour product.
The student claimed that the morning after he tried a patch test it left his arm covered in huge blisters.
He said his left arm was absolutely fine after he washed the dye off, but the next morning his arm felt ‘ever so slightly itchy.’
By the following morning Jack claims he was in ‘unbearable pain’ that ‘felt like hundreds of maggots’ were crawling under his skin.
Jack Valentine, 27, claimed he could have gone into ‘anaphylactic shock’ after he tried the Just For Men’s Shampoo-in-colour product which allegedly left him ‘covered in blisters’
Jack said his arm was fine on the day of the patch test but over the following two days his arm started to become itchy and blisters started to appear
He said: ‘I put a little bit on and I left it for five minutes and then I washed it off.
‘You are meant to leave it on for 48 hours but I dread to think what would have happened if I did.
‘The next day I woke up, had my morning bath and it was a bit red and ever so slightly itchy.
‘Through the day, it just got worse and it seemed to spread and then in the early hours of Monday morning, it was unbearable.
‘I’ve had Meningitis before and I’ve had surgery and it’s nowhere near anything that bad – it was just horrific.
‘It wasn’t a pain, it just felt like hundreds of maggots crawling under my skin and it was just relentless.’
Jack visited the Same Day Health Centre in Fleetwood, Lancashire who drained and wrapped the blisters.
The doctors allegedly told Jack that if he had put the hair dye straight onto his head, that he ‘could have been killed’ or would have had to go into an induced coma.
Jack claims he was in ‘unbearable pain’ that ‘felt like hundreds of maggots’ were crawling under his skin
The doctors allegedly told Jack that if he had put the hair dye straight onto his head, that he ‘could have been killed’
The 27-year-old said his left arm was absolutely fine after he washed the dye off
The law student then claimed that by the next morning his arm felt ‘ever so slightly itchy’
He said: ‘The doctor told me they would have put me in an induced coma because I wouldn’t have been able to cope with it as my body would have gone into shock.
‘He then said that that would be if I didn’t go into an anaphylactic shock first.
‘It literally could have killed me.’
Jack explained previously had two allergic reactions – one to a henna tattoo when he was six and one to a different type of hair dye when he was 15 which is why he did a patch test.
He added: ‘I tried to dye my hair when I was 15 and I put that straight onto my head.
‘I ended up in hospital on steroid injections and tablets as my head just went like a balloon.
‘So I though I would try now because it’s been 12 years to see if it worked and it really didn’t.’
Jack is now encouraging other young people to do a test patch before dying their hair for the first time because ‘it’s just not worth’ the risks of not doing one.
He said: ‘I know you have to wait an extra 24 or 48 hours and it’s an extra £5, but is not doing a patch test really worth it?
‘You could get scarring all over your face because it could spread, blister, your hair could fall out or you could die.
‘It’s that serious you could go into anaphylactic shock so it’s not worth it.
‘Next time, you can just buy one as you know you aren’t allergic but it’s just so important.’
Jack, of Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancs,. added: ‘Imagine if that was a girl who used it then it would have scarred all of her face.
‘It spread all over my arm and I only put on a little bit.
‘It could have caused third degree burns all over a young girl’s face and people kill themselves over that.
‘It’s massively serious.’
Just For Men have been contacted for a comment.
Source: Read Full Article