World War 3 fears as Iran threatens to attack White House and brands Trump a 'terrorist in a suit' after 52 target boast
IRAN today threatened to attack the White House while branding Donald Trump a "terrorist in a suit" after he vowed to target 52 sites in the Islamic Republic.
The menacing message was delivered by Iranian politician Abolfazl Abutorabi, who labelled the US’s deadly strike on General Qasem Soleimani “a declaration of war”.
“'We can attack the White House itself, we can respond to them on the American soil. We have the power, and God willing we will respond in an appropriate time,' he reportedly said.
“When someone declares war do you want to respond to the bullets with flowers? They will shoot you in the head.”
The comments came after Trump issued a stark warning to Iran threatening to hit dozens of targets in the Islamic Republic “very fast and very hard” if it retaliates for the targeted killing of Soleimani.
Trump tweeted that his administration had already targeted 52 Iranian sites, “some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture.”
He linked the number of sites to the number of hostages, also 52, held by Iran for nearly 15 months after protesters overran the US Embassy in Tehran in 1979.
After his verbal blast the Iran's media minister compared the US president to Hitler.
"Like ISIS, Like Hitler, Like Genghis! They all hate cultures. Trump is a terrorist in a suit", tweeted Mohammad Javad Azari-Jahromi.
"He will learn history very soon that NOBODY can defeat the Great Iranian Nation & Culture.
Trump later blasted: "The United States just spent Two Trillion Dollars on Military Equipment. We are the biggest and by far the BEST in the World!
"If Iran attacks an American Base, or any American, we will be sending some of that brand new beautiful equipment their way…and without hesitation!"
However, Iran's army chief said Washington lacked the guts to go to war with his forces.
"I doubt they have the courage to initiate", said Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi.
Thousands of Iranians lined Baghdad streets Saturday for the funeral procession for Soleimani. The Islamic Republic has vowed revenge for the Trump-ordered airstrike that killed him and several senior Iraqi militants early Friday Baghdad time.
Trump appeared to respond to such threats with tweets justifying Soleimani’s killing and matching the bellicose language from Iran.
“Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently hundreds of Iranian protesters,“ the president tweeted.
“He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years.”
Trump also warned: “The USA wants no more threats!”
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo today insisted Soleimani assassination has made the world safer, and that taking no action would have created more risk.
Pompeo’s comments – in an interview on ABC’s This Week – follow reports some senior White House officials were sceptical about the rationale for the drone strike.
“The intelligence assessment made clear that no action – allowing Soleimani to continue his plotting and his planning, his terror campaign – created more risk than taking the action that we took last week,” said Pompeo.
This was a bad guy, we took him off the playing field
“This was a bad guy, we took him off the playing field,” Pompeo added. “And that’s important because this was a fella who was the glue, who was conducting active plotting against the United States of America, putting American lives at risk.”
Iraq's Parliament today called for the expulsion of US troops from the country in reaction to the drone attack .
Lawmakers approved a resolution asking the Iraqi government to end the agreement under which Washington sent forces to Iraq more than four years ago to help in the fight against ISIS.
A pullout of the estimated 5,200 US troops could cripple the fight against ISIS and allow its resurgence.
Earlier on Saturday, hackers claiming to represent Iran have taken control of a US government website – and posted an ominous warning.
A doctored image of Trump Trump bleeding from the mouth, along with a message boasting of Iran's cyber strength, met users who clicked on the Federal Depository Library Program's website late on Saturday.
A note left by the alleged hackers read: "In the name of god. >>>>> Hacked By Iran Cyber Security Group HackerS … ;)<<<<<. This is only small part of Iran's cyber ability ! We're always ready."
Despite hackers claiming to be operating on behalf of Iran, it is unknown if whoever accessed the website actually was doing so.
The alleged cyber attack came after Iran pinpointed 35 "key US targets" for revenge after its top general was assassinated – with America expecting retaliation "within weeks".
Source: Read Full Article