Young mom says ‘giant light-up penis holiday decoration’ saved her life after house caught fire and burned down

A GIANT light-up penis display on the roof of a home in Maryland saved the life of a mom and her daughter who went to see it.

Melissa Schenker had left her home in Annapolis on Dec. 12 to see the lude Christmas display drawn in large, white string lights when a fire broke out and burned down a home she was renting, she told the Capital Gazette.

“Had we not been out looking for the Cape Penis house who knows what kinds of injuries myself and friends could have sustained,” Schenker said.

Schenker told the outlet she had left her home when a friend asked to go check out the phallic display — but the friends were disappointed when it couldn’t be found despite its larger-than-average size.

The massive member on a home in Cape St. Claire has since been dubbed Cape Penis after it went viral on social media earlier this month — and has even received its own Facebook fan page.

However, the lights went dim before Schenker was able to see them after complaints to the neighborhood homeowner’s association, the outlet reported.



Schenker's roommate called to tell her he had escaped the raging fire just as the friends had decided to return home.

“The penis lights kept her from harm,” said Mary Newman, Schenker's friend. “It was a Christmas miracle.”

It took 55 firefighters from five departments to put out the blaze, which had already caused the home to collapse by the time firefighters arrived, the Capital Gazette reported. One of the firefighters suffered minor injures and was taken to John Hopkins Bayview Medical Center for treatment.

The man who owns the home, a veteran, told the outlet that the lights started out as a National Lampoon style gag with his neighbor, Matt Harriman, to see who could “out-Griswold” each other with holiday lights.

Harriman, a Naval Academy musician, put his lights up first and told the homeowner that in order to beat him he would have to display some “jingle balls,” the outlet reported.

A GoFundMe has since been set up to help Schenker recover from the fire.

Source: Read Full Article